North Zone Split - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Flyway Forum' started by DirtyMerg, Nov 1, 2019.

1. icebreaker12

icebreaker12 Elite Refuge Member

Effectively, Pennsylvania is locked into the current zone/split framework they have. Zone lines can't be redrawn, and they cannot add spilts.

If they want to change anything, they will need to conform to current zones/splits criteria, which for 2021 will be: 1 or 2 zones with up to 2 splits, 3 zones with 1 split, or 4 zones with no splits.

2. Drake91

Drake91 Senior Refuge Member

I agree with you meatdog77 on the split in the end of November I'd rather have a split like you said for the 2 weeks of rifle and add it later in january and a week in november... I always see alot of birds in late october and early november when I'm hunting geese... and the goose slaughtering over here in the southwest part ain't getting hammered like in the years past... but I always seen the best numbers of geese in the month of November and right now in February... january and December are kinda spotty months past couple years... but there are groups of guys around my area I swear they never work cause they kill over their possession limits in years past...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  3. MeatDog717

MeatDog717 Refuge Member

Those few weeks late oct early nov most ducks we get typically other than feb/March migration north. Why does the number of zones dictate the number of splits? Honest question. I don’t know why it matters, but I’m sure there’s a valid scientific reason. Either way PGC picks the zones/dates within the fed frame work, correct? PGC could not care any less about the duck hunter and I’m sure it would be impossible to change anything. All they care about is “managing” the deer herd. However, the entire state will be a CWD DMA within two years. Matter of time until we get a report that an elk tested positive. Just look to what they’ve done with our great state bird...turkeys goin that way too unfortunately.

4. Drake91

The PGC dont care about us hunters or the animals... it's all about money in their pocket this state lost so many hunters over the years because of their lack of management and them being greedy with all the tags they keep adding to buy... I went to Mississippi one year to duck hunt with my buddy who lives down there I paid less for a license as a non resident than I do here... and Mississippi public lands has nice food plots for deer flooded hardwoods for ducks rice fields etc... and they have less hunters in that state than here... so how does their game commission afford to do all this with no tags and less hunters?... the pa game commission is just lazy and money hungry....

5. MeatDog717

MeatDog717 Refuge Member

If you’re sw part of the state you aren’t shooting AP geese. I’m talking parts of York, dauphin, Lebanon, skook. They know

6. Drake91

I read that wrong my bad