Now that duck season is over..

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by derek, Feb 1, 2021.

1. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

Bucket list

2. derek

derek Elite Refuge Member

Fell a little behind posting here, we are in the heat of things and life is good. First 2021 video kicks off in South Florida as Bonce gets a jump on things.

3. derek

If yall remember my last years Mississippi vid.. the Magnolia state humbled me to say the least. It continued the trend going into this year for me.

4. derek

After 11 days of hunting hard and only hearing a gobble on 3 of those days, finally came together on my last day to hunt.

5. derek

Bonce in Arizona

6. Marshbum

Marshbum Elite Refuge Member

Good deal across the board. Awesome hen footage by Bonce in AZ. Way to stay with it in MS.

Saw you Popz the last couple of days. Glad he got a good one! I got lucky myself this AM with a nice 2 yr old.

7. derek

Congrats TC

8. derek

Bonce in Texas

9. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

Derik,
    I thought I heard you say you were in MS for 12 days, connecting on the last day. What do you do the rest of the time your there in the event you tag out early, especially when a flight is involved?

10. derek

I tend to plan things out with what to do if things go well and what to do if I struggle. In this case I had 11 days off. I was in Mississippi for the opener on March 15th, I was hoping to be in Alabama for their opener on the 20th. If things had gone well in each, SC opener on the 22nd. Did not foresee things going better than that, and I'm only worried about 1 bird per state right now vs trying to tag out, but if I had time would continue to hunt. And I knew I would stay in sippi the entire time if I needed to. I drove for this one as I do most.

I do have a flight to Washington coming up soon. Have more tags in the plan than I need to worry about filling so spare time is a non-issue. Worst case.. I'm sure I can find something to do in a new part of the country.

Ruination likes this.