Number of bird mounts

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My dad had me cleaning all the deer heads, ducks, and bass mounts so naturally I only have two stuffed critters.

SoDakHorizon

Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've got a muley, pronghorn, elk, turkey, turkey fan/beard plaque I did myself, and a greenhead. Have a walleye at the taxidermist and a drake pintail (profile pic) and gorgeous hen goldeneye waiting in the freezer.

SoDakHorizon

Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've got about a dozen shotgun shells with tail curls around the house and garage.

bCut5us.jpg
I do that with pheasant tail feathers and think I'll start with curls now, too.

Wild Rice

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have around 24 with the highlights being a blue phase Ross, a Ringneck drake with a white band of feathers around it's neck and a banded mottled duck from Texas. I enjoy looking at my birds even though dusting is a headache.

texduk3

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Have a Ross, Lesser Canada, gadwall drake , and a green wing drake about 15 feet up on the living room wall.
A Pintail drake, Blue wing drake, Wood duck drake all standing on a book case.
All are between 20 and 12 years old.

JBM SteelSlinger

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Got 5 mounts, but I now would buy a good carving of the species that would hopefully go up in value

#1WATERFOWLER

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
One drake mallard. My first and only banded duck and he was a stud. He was banded in Hecla, SD and shot in 2012 on the Mississippi River in WI. Mike's Pro Taxidermy (https://mikesprotaxidermy.com/) did the work.

120825.JPG

HONKSRWORKN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've had hundreds .. But I'm a taxidermist .. As far as my own , I used to have 20 or so but the wife won't let me hang a bunch in the new house so I gave many away ...

green with ring

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any ducks or geese mounted in 25 years but I still have 27 and just started cleaning them up three days ago. I started with the best five and I'm still working on them.

Latest posts