Number of bird mounts

Duck Wrangler

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have all of my son's mounts with mine in my converted shop. We have 3 deer, 2 bear, a pronghorn, a turkey, a fox, a bobcat and 60 ducks/geese. I have 5 more at a taxidermist now. My wife does not ask what the mounts cost and I hope she never figures it out!
Out of the 41 species(depending on what "list" you follow), I have one more to kill/mount(King Eider) I have multiple of a few species(teal, cans, pintail). Tough to keep everything dusted, but I enjoy sitting in the shop and remembering where/when most were taken.

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Saw a stuffed pheasant sitting on top of a garbage can years ago, made him a nice stand and hung him by the front door. Brewster Rooster, my only bird and doorman.
Have many antelope and a few deer in the pool hall, an elk in the great room...won't have hairy mounts with eyes staring nope, can't dig them. Skull caps for deer, European antelope, she and my boy talked me into those. Her buck is the latest.
The elk's horns are on a big slab of black walnut no skull bone, my boy again. I do everything myself, for them.
I think a lot of bird mounts are cool, in somebody else's house...

Last edited:

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Saw a stuffed pheasant sitting on top of a garbage can years ago, made him a nice stand and hung him by the front door. Brewster Rooster, my only bird and doorman.
Have many antelope and a few deer in the pool hall, an elk in the great room...won't have hairy mounts with eyes staring nope, can't dig them. Skull caps for deer, European antelope, she and my boy talked me into those. Her buck is the latest.
The elk's horns are on a big slab of black walnut no skull bone, my boy again. I do everything myself, for them.
I think a lot of bird mounts are cool, in somebody else's house...
My door bird is armed.
Hands up don't shoot!
:l
Resized_20220415_151606.jpeg

HONKSRWORKN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’m a taxidermist and I’ve only got 3 … it’s what happens when you get married … Used to have birds hanging in every room when I was single .. . And your right they can be dust magnets but if you keep them dusted they’ll last forever and don’t know how the colors would fade unless you leave it in the sun cus they don’t loose color … I’ve mounted a few real nice table mounts but they’re in glass cases .. if you have a mount you love put it in glass it will last forever ..

French Creek Fowler

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
One, the first duck I got after returning from the service, I was stationed on the west coast, a stud wood duck, I now gathers dust in the basement

Ethan Terry

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have 6 deer mounted and a banded mallard. I have a speck, another mallard, green wing teal at the taxidermist. Its a bad addiction, I love looking at quality mounts.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have 6 deer mounted and a banded mallard. I have a speck, another mallard, green wing teal at the taxidermist. Its a bad addiction, I love looking at quality mounts.
Do not go to Fooseland. (Unless you shoot a bear)

HonkerBeatDown

Reaction score
I just got my first one mounted back this year. Shot a common golden eye last season and couldn't be more happier with it.
Snapchat-1520259546.jpg