NV tags

Discussion in 'Nevada Flyway Forum' started by MJ, May 19, 2020.

1. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Tracey I still think its wrong and the motive is money. NDOW raises alot of money for this state,licenses are not cheap here. years of stamps duck ,upland trout,etc.I been hunting and fishing Sunnyside since 1978,I see minimal improvement there in all those years.Access Is shabby.At least key all the kids that want a tag get one.

2. CHEEKPATCH

CHEEKPATCH Senior Refuge Member

Mike, you have to realize that when the youth tags started out they could all get a tag. There were tags left over for some pretty good areas. The human population has increased and unfortunately the deer haven't. It also doesn't help them when they only want to hunt the so called premium areas and don't put in for anything else. Nevada has some monster bucks in pretty much every area. It just might be harder to hunt and to find them. Couple that with parents not willing to give up their own hunt and concentrate on their kids and you get a lot of bitching! I've applied in 4 states, Montana, Arizona, Utah and Nevada and each one gave me the big F U, and I hunt with a bow! I happened to get a tag the next day because someone turned in a antelope archery tag. I still have other options and you know I will hunt birds. But some of these people need to realize it's the Nevada department of wildlife, not the Nevada department of what we hunt.

JDK likes this.
  3. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Yeah I get it,you cznt make everyone happy all the time,but both of us have spent alot of time trying to make OWMA better place running into setback after setback.I just think when a resident applies for 33 years and now he is 66 years old and no tag something is wrong.

4. CHEEKPATCH

CHEEKPATCH Senior Refuge Member

Most other states try to model their application process after Nevada. They'll tell you that it's probably the best and most equitable there is. My dad had the same sentiment as you before he passed away. He grew up in Panaca and his grandfather owned pretty much all of Eagle valley before he traded with the state. He said "how can I live here for almost 80 years and not get a tag?" I told him it was all his bad luck! He still ended up drawing a couple mid season tags in 22 and killed some pretty good bucks but he had to change his draw areas so he could hunt.