O/U waterfowl recommendations

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by shell waster, Jul 31, 2019.

1. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

Berettas 686 is a great gun if the stock dimensions fit you. Especially drop at comb which is fairly straight. That alone increases the recoil sensation felt and also berettas are a light o/u. Couldn,t imagine shooting 3.5" shells in one. Shot about 2 bxs thru my 3.5" Citori first season I owned it and it weighs a tad over 8 lbs. First thing I done was switch recoil pad to a limbsaver, second thing was go back to shooting 3" shells. I originally picked the Cirori just because of the added weight of 3.5" over 3" in their models.Did take the time to pattern 3.5" shells versus 3" shells and the 3" x 1/4 oz. came out the winner.

Vahunter likes this.
  2. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

:clap :D

3. OneShotBandit

Now that might be a good deal. I always thought that model though ugly would make a nice waterfowl O/U. Too bad I want to buy a Colt semi-auto M4 for my gun collection of course! ;)

4. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

I am looking to sell a Palmetto State .223 wylde build. I really want an Franchi Instinct 20 ga. Haven't shot that AR in a year. My .224 valkyrie is a different story.

5. OneShotBandit

You seem like me: I bought my buddy's ''85/'86 Colt HBAR "Green Label" (he bought new) in 2001 and have never shot it since I bought it. I guess I'm just a hoarder! My shooting buddy wants to sell me his Krieghoff K-80 and will give me #G's for my Beretta 682 Gold Super Sporting after I updated the wood (Grade AA), tightened the action & reblued the bbls (all done by Cole's of ME). NOW that's a he*l of a deal.......IF I wasn't thinking about retiring!