Oath of Office

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bclick, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Bclick

Bclick Elite Refuge Member

Ive taken this multiple times in my life. Seems like leftists in the US Govt, who attack the constitution daily, are scared of folks like me who took it seriously.

Oath of Office

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

widgeon, cootmeurer, Bear and 6 others like this.
  2. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

Calls their oath into question when they try to subvert the Constitution they swore to support, defend, and bear faith and allegiance to.

But if we cannot hold them to the oath nor penalize them for violating it, then what good is it? Given the openness with which they pursue the elimination of the 2nd Amendment, I'd say they also fail on the "without any purpose of evasion".

3. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

Ya know... IMHO an oath is about a promise and an affirmation of one's character to deliver on that promise. Taking an oath to...

support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
    ...has the ring of a clear commitment. To me, it logically follows that minimizing the value of such an oath is the same as having no values (or purpose). In that sense we ought to reasonably ask oath critics... "why are you participating in this life at all?"​

OneShotBandit, widgeon and Bclick like this.
  4. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

The red text violates joes oath. There is no "mental" there for reservations

widgeon likes this.
  5. howard s.

howard s. Elite Refuge Member

If there money in it for them...

6. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

I suppose that “no mental” is “no biggie” for Joe’s fans.

7. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

One of the creepier parts of TLOR is where Aragorn goes to Dunharrow and takes the path of the dead to summon the oathbreakers to fulfill their solemn oathes. Do not take an oathe lightly.