Obama-- Glaciers will be gone by 2020..NOT

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Mrs.10GAGENUT, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Mrs.10GAGENUT

Mrs.10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

National Parks Quietly Toss Signs Saying Glaciers ‘Will Be Gone’ By 2020 (They’re Growing)

I believe that is what is called an “Inconvenient Truth”.

lugnut, widgeon, Rogue Hunter and 2 others like this.
  3. Mrs.10GAGENUT

Just makes me think if Trump had done something similar the MSM would be smearing his name all across the airwaves about what an idiot he is.

OneShotBandit, pintail2222 and Bear like this.
  4. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

Years ago the Great Lakes were at record low water levels and was never going to come back due to climate change.

Recently the Great Lakes water level are at record highs and its going to stay high because of climate change.

Just yesterday I read that the Great Lakes water levels are "rapidly seesawing" (going up and down?) because of climate change

5. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

That's called hedging your bets... Also known as CMA - SPDCMY...

Covering My *** - So Please Don't Cut My Funding

stevena198301 and OneShotBandit like this.
  6. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

7. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

The snowbelts got pounded with lake effect. We’ve had an insane amount of rain this year and all Great Lakes are running around 30” above their May average. The high water actually kind of sucks for duck hunting as it’s changed the food source. But it’s helped kill if the phrag and has been good for the fisheries.

The GreatLakes have always moved in cycles. My favorite spot on Saginaw Bay was about calf deep 4 years ago. It’s now over my waist. 18” is about at the Max for Puddlers.

https://www.lre.usace.army.mil/Port...Info/docs/WaterLevels/LTA-GLWL-Graph_2016.pdf

https://www.regions.noaa.gov/great-...reaking-increase-in-great-lakes-water-levels/

8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I remember in the 70's the "scientists" were talking about "climate change" and how American farms wouldn't be able to produce wheat in five or so years.

It is all hysteria driven to generate donations from little kind hearted old ladies for bogus organizations.

9. Mrs.10GAGENUT

Back then they were also saying eating eggs or drinking coffee would kill us. My memory isn't what it used to be but somehow I remember some type of hysteria generated that emissions from fluorescent light bulbs would kill us also.
    So it goes

10. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Now it's working too much. I could get on board with this idea.

Of course, they must expect us to all sit home in the dark on our days off. Yeah, right.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90353947/a-shorter-work-week-should-be-a-key-part-of-the-green-new-deal

A new paper calculates how much work needs to shrink in some economies to get on track to stay under 2 degrees of global warming, the upper limit to avoid some of the worst impacts of climate change. In the U.K., it would mean moving to a nine-hour workweek. In Sweden, the week would be around 12 hours. The U.S. was not part of the paper, but might have to cut hours even more.

OneShotBandit and double limit like this.