Okay where are the steel dove loads at.

chubby

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I hunt a safflower field up by you. I shoot lead 71/2. Works fine. Believe I have 3 cases left.;)

Kornfed

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Had to check Rogers every day for over a month before I scored a flat of dove loads. Be patient and pounce as soon as you see em.

Tuleman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
One of my buddies in NoCal had me ship a flat of steel dove loads to him last season because he couldn't find ANY to buy in, or close to, California.
I left California 14 years ago, and now I'm so glad I did.
I miss the nice weather (sometimes) and the great friends and family I left behind...but I don't miss the Liberal policies that are killing your great state.

Arrieta

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I put in for NV for big game,and also chukar in there state,so i get a hunting license in that state,not going to drive over with a uhaul to load up,but i sure can go get a couple cases in NV and bring it back into CA well within my rights..

Don't think so. As a citizen of California, California BANS you from bringing any kind of ammunition into this state --and if they catch you, it's a felony.

If you can show me anywhere in California law that states if you purchase a hunting license in another state, and purchase ammunition in that state, then you can legally bring back the unused ammunition into California --well... Nevada would be selling hunting licenses to a whole lot of Californians.

mudhen

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Don't think so. As a citizen of California, California BANS you from bringing any kind of ammunition into this state --and if they catch you, it's a felony.

If you can show me anywhere in California law that states if you purchase a hunting license in another state, and purchase ammunition in that state, then you can legally bring back the unused ammunition into California --well... Nevada would be selling hunting licenses to a whole lot of Californians.

This is correct…

There were original plans to allow a limited amount of ammo bought for an out of state hunt to be brought back into CA, but it didn’t make the final statute…

Tuleman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yet, I as a non-resident, can bring a case of ammo INTO California to attend a clay target event or to participate in a weekend of duck hunting?
Something just doesn't seem right.

Mean Gene

Reaction score
Yet, I as a non-resident, can bring a case of ammo INTO California to attend a clay target event or to participate in a weekend of duck hunting?
Yep, as a non resident you can bring in a truck load. Now, you can't give it away, or sell it to anyone once you get there, but if you stop at a buddy's house, and that ammunition gets stolen, you don't "have" to report it. And, if your buddy just happens to want to give you some money, well there's nothing against that either.

3B209

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
The reason these laws hold is bc folks follow them. Gradually, that's got us here. Unless you are driving like a dumb dumb or have a pallet of exposed ammo in the bed of your truck, most leos could give 2 craps.

David O

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yes, there are a lot of things not right in California. It begins with Newsom, the leader of this nation state.

David