I was frustrated at not being able to find some truly ultra-light decoys for hiking, so I finally decided to paint my own. I bought some ancient Carry-Lite styrofoam floating shells on eBay and on Craigslist, bought a mallard painting kit from Parker Paints, and started in! I spend a lot of time up at my cabin this time of year, and have found it an excellent place to do some leisurely decoy painting. I posted my process on the WA Forum, but I thought some of you on the Decoy Forum might enjoy seeing an "old newbie's" efforts. First I coated the tops of these decoys with waterproof wood glue to make them a little tougher, and to fill in some minor holes. There were a few spots where the styrofoam had gotten a little rough after 50 years, and this helped bind those areas solidly back together. Then they all got a coat of spray primer. I read a few things to get some advice on painting. I didn't really follow the steps of any one source, just took the pointers that made sense to me, and filled in the other steps the best I could.