old sxs

stackmaster1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
sxs, I have picked up 2 bottles of cinnamon sticks, grade A clover honey, and two quarts of Jim Beam. Do you reccommend 3 or 4 cinnamon sticks per quart? I plan on doing the long term (1 year) aging. Anything else I need to know? Thanks!:bow

old_sxs

Moderator Tennessee Forum
Reaction score
three --- You can always add more cinnamon taste later.

I hope you enjoy it !!!!

stackmaster1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
sxs, I hope I didn't mess up, I put 8 ounces,(1 cup) of honey in the mason jar, 3 cinn. sticks, and then the jim beam. Shook for 2 minutes. The honey container said nt. wt. 24 ozs., but when I filled the mason jars to the 8 ounce line on the jars I used half the bottle in 1 quart, Half in the other. Either the jars are wrong or the honey container is wrong or I'm an idiot which is probally the case. According to the honey jar, I should have 8 oz. left in it. 1 cup in the mason jars was alot of honey. I await your help! Thanks.:confused:

jhc60

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
This spring I started making my first batch of Meade. It should be ready for Christmas. Some how I like you guys recipe better.

Greybeard

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
....maybe ya auter drink one uv them bodduls jes to make sure you gots it right.
If it tastes OK now, leave the other one for a year to just let it season to perfection.:dv

old_sxs

Moderator Tennessee Forum
Reaction score
sxs, I hope I didn't mess up, I put 8 ounces,(1 cup) of honey in the mason jar, 3 cinn. sticks, and then the jim beam. Shook for 2 minutes. The honey container said nt. wt. 24 ozs., but when I filled the mason jars to the 8 ounce line on the jars I used half the bottle in 1 quart, Half in the other. Either the jars are wrong or the honey container is wrong or I'm an idiot which is probally the case. According to the honey jar, I should have 8 oz. left in it. 1 cup in the mason jars was alot of honey. I await your help! Thanks.:confused:

8oz. of honey

You did it right ---- :tu

stackmaster1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Whew! Thanks sxs! I would have hated to dissappoint you and the riverboat captain by messing up the first batch I made!:pra I'll let you know how it turns out.
Mr. graybeard, that very thought crossed my mind last night when I looked at that concoction in that jar! It sure looked good but I fought the urge.:cry

mittens

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Use the cimm sticks to stir hot tea, put the honey on biscuits, swap the JB for Dickel and drink! Old SXS don't know what he's talking about.

NOVA12

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Use the cimm sticks to stir hot tea, put the honey on biscuits, swap the JB for Dickel and drink! Old SXS don't know what he's talking about.

Yet another friendly and informative post from mittens :scratch:scratch