Woodies22_left.jpg
Woodies22_top.jpg
Woodies22_henhead.jpg
Woodies22_drakehead.jpg
time!

Woodduck31

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've got plenty of decoys in the mix right now, but needed another boat net for Caleb, so I spent a lot of last week net building. A client stepped on his Fishpond brand and broke it. We have hangers in the front and back of the boat so we can carry two nets. I built this one with the remainder of my dad's walnut in the hoop and got the handle for $5 at home depot because of a flaw in the end of a 38 inch board, got 70% off. The lettering on the handle is my cherokee name, gigage yona, or red bear. I think the most impressive part is my lawn, holy cow that grass looks good.

bigboatnet6.JPG
IMG_2149.JPG

Woodduck31

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I made a little more progress on the blue winged teal project. Much of the heavy detail is in and a base coat of oil based enamel will help soften the feather lines and also reveal some areas that need some more fine detail work. It's going to be painting time soon I hope and figure out a base.

IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_2153.JPG
IMG_2154.JPG

WHUP ! Hen

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your painting has improved over the years.

Phil in MO

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
A short clip of an urn i have been working on. It is made of basswood and painted in oil paints.

Neighbor Guy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
E5A0A720-08CA-449A-9704-BD124DF3C79F.jpeg

Just about 4-years this one has been in the shelf. I painted it in the same way I would have then. Carved/hollowed cedar body. Paste vermiculation, cedar head.

And about 15 coats of paint before I got it all sorted out.

I have a pair of them in canvas that I will try to do a more simple paint on.

mpkowal

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
View attachment 351144
Just about 4-years this one has been in the shelf. I painted it in the same way I would have then. Carved/hollowed cedar body. Paste vermiculation, cedar head.

And about 15 coats of paint before I got it all sorted out.

I have a pair of them in canvas that I will try to do a more simple paint on.
I like the Gaddy. It looks realistic and I think it would make a good model to paint working decoys. You may have just saved guys from a lot of work. I would like to paint one myself but I only have vision in one eye.I might start again after this season. Nice job.

Woodduck31

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It's 100 today, a good time to stay in the house and block in a bit of color. You don't ever want to get in a big hurry painting and you never want to paint too big of an area at a time. I like to build color and work in more detail as I add paint. I'm fairly happy so far, just need to get things a little softer as I go.

IMG_2157.JPG