On the Bench in 2022

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Im sure those are the talk of the town when theyre gifted.

Say, what kind of wire do you use for the frame? I'll get around to making a wire-canvas bird one of these days. Probably if I ever find a roll of canvas at a yard sale.
You can get the canvas at fabric stores.

Woodduck31

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've been working on a quail carving based on a photo I took of a quail in our backyard. I'm using the same materials as I did with the blue winged teal. all scrap pine from our box making business and the only thing different is making feet from copper wire and master mend epoxy tape. I carved the fence post from scrap pine also, the base is blue pine from once again, scraps we had in the shop. Detailing will begin tomorrow
IMG_2170.JPG
IMG_2193.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2221.JPG
IMG_2235.JPG

Dabbler_E

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Love the foot! The rest of the bird too, obviously

NWRINGNECK

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted. The scrap wood Buffie is finished. I ended up doing more on it than I started to do... sort of grew on me. The other 3 are two tan corks I started last winter when helping a friend try his hand at cork decoys. Then the bsc Can was inspired by an antique Can posted on another forum. They are all ready for paint...when I get motivated again. Been without a boat motor since June until last week when I repowered my boat .. finally found a 50 hp 4 str tiller. Don't ask what a new motor costs :: I've got to have a reliable ride at my age. Off to fish again for a while.
FF9446F1-FF68-4EA6-A563-E94E98EB470E.jpeg
64B84EBD-D124-4706-89C9-18E8046CD9D2.jpeg
523F6EAD-BE2A-4B44-8865-1C3DE66BEC7F.jpeg

The Buffie is painted with Jansens acrylics.

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted. The scrap wood Buffie is finished. I ended up doing more on it than I started to do... sort of grew on me. The other 3 are two tan corks I started last winter when helping a friend try his hand at cork decoys. Then the bsc Can was inspired by an antique Can posted on another forum. They are all ready for paint...when I get motivated again. Been without a boat motor since June until last week when I repowered my boat .. finally found a 50 hp 4 str tiller. Don't ask what a new motor costs :: I've got to have a reliable ride at my age. Off to fish again for a while. View attachment 355254 View attachment 355255 View attachment 355256

The Buffie is painted with Jansens acrylics.
That bufflehead is sweet! Simple, sharp clean lines, everything that says bufflehead and nothing extra and unnecessary.

sdkidaho

Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming
Reaction score
I do have an inner dialogue asking me why I'm putting so much time under the bird that will probably rarely be seen.
Why will it be rarely seen? Sounds like it might need a new home - and my birthday is coming up in November - just sayin!!

R.R.HARBAUGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
1662686365938.jpeg
Standing on the shoulders of great men before you!!!
Thank you Mr. Don for the confidence and information to be successful.
Been a long summer, with a little time here or there. Finished 15 butts. Rigged and ready for the water.
Buggers never sit still, constantly bobbling.
Should be plenty of flash on a jerk cord.
Regards,

Riverfisher

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Pulling them out today, and decided to do some repaints. Nothing grand but I like them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 51