North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Sponsors

One of those moments

Discussion in 'North / South Carolina Flyway Forum' started by Clark, Jul 21, 2019.

1. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Poisonous snakes die (my lab is more important). Non poisonous live, no problem.

2. PrairieDream'n

PrairieDream'n Senior Refuge Member

Kill everyone you see, makes no difference to me, but doubt you see the cottonmouths and rattlesnakes we do in a single summer in the entire lifetime of a lab. It's just not not that big of a deal. If it were, nobody would hunt in the summer.

3. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

We come across both quite often, I’m in Pamlico Co on ~30 acres. You’re right, no big deal ...

4. PrairieDream'n

PrairieDream'n Senior Refuge Member

Sweet. I'm on 50 acres in Washington County and hunt at least 2 days a week all summer long with 25-30 dogs on the ground at any given time... wasn't trying to get in a "measuring contest" .. was simply saying ole no shoulders isn't the terrifying bane of the of the woods he's made out to be.

5. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

I wasn’t either, just letting it known I wasn’t in a “concrete county”. We have plenty big mocs and rattlers that I just assume not have to worry about on my farm. It’s not me I’m worried for, it’s my dog and 4 grandchildren that get into everything that concerns me ...nearest medical help is an hour away.

I actually agree with you, they aren’t the terror they’re made out to be but I still don’t care for them on my property.

bufflehead1 likes this.