OOS hunting in Idaho this year? Happen or banned?

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by mister gadwall, Jul 27, 2020.

1. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

Been blessed to have enjoyed Idaho bird hunting and fishing as OOS for 50 years. Dont know what to expect to me and other OSS hunters this year in terms of Idaho politics? What is the temper of the state as to coved and this years potential bird hunting visitors from OOS in your opinion? I know the fishermen got in, but dont know what to expect for the hunters . It is a big part of my life every year. Hope to et there this year. thanks

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Check with Idaho Fish and Game. Earlier in the year they suspended all OOS General Hunting and Fishing Licenses. Exceptions being if you were drawn for a big game tag I believe. I also believe these restrictions have been listed, but IDFG would know for sure.

Where you from in Tennessee, Mr. G? I lived 12 very formative years in Memphis before moving out west.

When you bird hunt here do you do it in Southern Idaho or up north?

3. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

From eastern Tn, and a long long way from Memphis in miles and many other ways. I have hunted about every region in Idaho.

My impressions that the IFG will be led by what the Governor does or legislators push, but I was wondering what the Idaho folks on her rethought might happen. I realize the political side of the issue is a complete unpredictable crap shoot.

4. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator