Open Signup - New Utah Moderator

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by bugleboy, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Band Man

Band Man Elite Refuge Member

Man you guys take a internet chat WAYYY too far :no Is it really that serious ?

2. Bret Wonnacott

Bret Wonnacott Elite Refuge Member

I agree with those that have said the place needs cleaned up. I don't like posting here much myself. These days everything turns into a ****ing match even looking for a new mod.... This page used to be fun. I use to enjoy the people on here. I remember going to shows and meeting other "fuge" members and you felt like you knew them already and were friends.... I rarely post these days most of those guys don't anymore either... Why?

3. Ben Elli

Ben Elli Elite Refuge Member

It used to be like that here too, but when you have an open forum with no screening process (which you couldn't do) you have the possibility and the probability of undesirables showing up sooner or later and causing trouble.

Some folks just can't stop themselves from being the **** heads that they naturally have been raised to be. Now we have bottomfeeding lawyers show up and make hollow threats too. Seems like they are to be included in the afore mentioned group also.

It's sad, this place used to be quite helpful, useful and entertaining when David first started it. Now it's just a place to come and observe the ravings of riff raff, and on occasion see and talk about some duck hunting.

4. BlackSunshine

BlackSunshine Senior Refuge Member

Just a couple of suggestions:

Have more then 2 moderators? This is way too much for two people to be in charge of.

Setup clear rules and consequences for breaking those rules.

Log IP addresses for users and ban based on IP addresses.

This is a great forum and does need some cleaning up. Let's keep it about Utah Waterfowl, not anything else.

Just a couple of thoughts.
    :pra

5. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

Blacksunshune is a ray of sunshine in an otherwise dark and cloudy thread. Stopping harrassment, threats, and other childish behavior would be a great goal for a new moderator. It should start with IP addresses and real names. When real people talk to each other, civility is more the norm than the exception. Good, decent people should not be subject to harrassment on this forum, maybe that's by folks like Bret Wonnacot is rarely here anymore, and why many others are not here at all anymore.
    R

6. Citori20ga

Citori20ga Senior Refuge Member

+1--- Amen!!!

7. Love-to-hunt

Love-to-hunt Elite Refuge Member

There are already rules in place.
    http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=542781

Especially this one:
    By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you WILL NOT post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, personal attacks, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Doing so may result in banning the user from the site. Each violation of this policy/rule will be handled on a case by case basis, and the outcome will be the sole decision of the owner(s) of Refuge Forums.

When you registered here you agreed to the forum rules.

IP address are already logged and used.

MODERATORS CANNOT BAN PEOPLE ONLY ADMINISTRATORS CAN.

When we try to abide by and enforce the rules you get PM's accusing you of being bias to one side and that you let your friends get away with murder. Then the next day you get another PM accusing you of just the opposite. Some people seem to think that when things don't go in their favor that the mod is automatically friends with the other party. The next day it's just the opposite from the other camp.

Some think that because this is an open forum you should be able to say and do anything you want. The hell with the rules.

Many of you are right THIS USED TO BE A GREAT PLACE TO HANG OUT and I agree it isn't anymore. But I won't take blame for that.

A forum is only as good as the people who frequent it and use it for what it was intended for. It's sad that a few have to ruin it for the mojority.

I'm outta here.

8. BlackSunshine

BlackSunshine Senior Refuge Member

Pete,

I think you are doing a good work in a thanksless job. I sure didn't try to imply that your aren't doing a good job. I surely am not blaming you for the actions of others.

I wish you nothing but the best!

Jeff

9. Tyson Rasmussen

Tyson Rasmussen Senior Refuge Member

Watch them defend themself's when you try to take the real off their pole. Im just sayin. :fp

10. Swiss Goose

Swiss Goose Banned

:amen:amen:amen:amen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.