opening day shooting early tickets!!!!!

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by drakebob01, Oct 19, 2013.

1. drakebob01

drakebob01 Elite Refuge Member

My friends boy was is court a couple days ago for a speeding ticket. Anyway there was ten early shooters ahead of him! The judge gave each of them a 235.00 ticket!!! LMAO, tell me a ducks worth that kind of money!

2. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

Good to hear! Thanks for sharing. I know the DWR isn't able to police everyone, but it's nice to see some guys got caught and they paid a good fine for it. Do you think those on the Refuge Forums that shoot early every year (you know you're here) will think twice next year?

Hopeful, but not holding my breath.

3. stuckduck

stuckduck Senior Refuge Member

A CO officer told me that they wrote a ticket yesterday for someone shooting 1 hour after close time yesterday... Good to see them policing it!

4. mojo1

mojo1 Elite Refuge Member

Vanillia's right, for most it won't make a difference just like the chance of getting a speeding tickets slows folks down.

The odds ain't that good of getting one, some folks just can't drive 55 and some just can't get start on time.:dv

5. mojo1

That's just plain dumb, they had to know they was gonna be the last one out to the parking lot ! They need a double fine!:dv

6. dubob

dubob Senior Refuge Member

To be effective, the fine will have to hurt way more than a couple hundred bucks. How about $100/minute just as over limit is so much per bird over? Works for me. :tu

7. silverkittens73

silverkittens73 Senior Refuge Member

Who shoots one hour after shooting ends for the day? Their isn't a bird out there that is worth shooting an hour late or early. People lose sight of the fact that we are so lucky to have all sorts of habitat and migratory birds to hunt and breaking the rules will eventually land you in legal hot water.

8. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

Wait...what was that?!?!? ;)

9. mojo1

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, don't let it go to your head!!;). :dv