California Flyway Forum Sponsors

OT: Inflation

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by fugewrk55, May 1, 2021.

1. Mallardchasin'fool

Mallardchasin'fool Elite Refuge Member

tell me about it. The first time over $100 to fill up this year. I’m sure it’s not the last time this summer though.

57A1F30C-722E-437E-8FF3-DD294CFF63D3.jpeg

2. Ajnorcal

Ajnorcal Senior Refuge Member

It’s as much of a supply chain issue as an inflation issue

3. green with ring

green with ring Elite Refuge Member

Lumber and plywood prices are about three times higher than they were about one year ago. Building material prices have always cost more in the springtime and again during the fall. Plywood prices at Lowe's are about $50 a sheet for 1/2". Lumberyards are only giving contractors prices that are only good for one week. It makes it hard to submit bids on jobs that are a couple of months from starting. I never thought that I would see prices this high.

4. George

George Elite Refuge Member

For my job I drive a thousand miles per week all throughout Sacramento County. Rich areas and poor. The pandemic has wiped out not dozens or hundreds of businesses but thousands. Many strip malls are half empty some totally boarded up. These were places that had multiple mom and pop shops. Small places with a handful of employees... gone. Dozens of them that I used to patronize.... gone. Small places could not survive.

Every boarded up store is someone's dreams, life savings and hard work. They are gone the vast majority will not come back. They don't have the money to restart and don't have the courage to do so. Defeated.

The economy is in shambles The US government cannot keep interest rates artificially low with this inflation. The US is not going to bankrupt itself... it is going to bankrupt the people. I fear we are heading to real economic collapse. That's when you will see real social unrest.

I can go on and on but risk being called a kook.... just prepare. Stay frosty

tule, Allinodad, candafish and 3 others like this.
  5. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Elite Refuge Member

I had a couple young men build 2 fences...they took over their fathers business. They do all types of building and heavy equipment too.

They told me they can't get someone to push a broom for $20.00 hr!

Insane!

Ratdaddy likes this.
  6. cagwp

cagwp Senior Refuge Member

Fresno news had a story last night about the local water parks opening back up, said one of them usually has 1500-2000 people show up for it's hiring day, only 120 showed up this year.

7. DERODOM

DERODOM Elite Refuge Member

I had the same experience at the same establishment a couple weeks ago, except I got hit for $39! 2 burgers.. 2 fries and a shake... ***

8. lugnut

lugnut Elite Refuge Member

Just had a Round Table extra large combo that set me back $45.

9. Canyoncrosser

Canyoncrosser Senior Refuge Member

If you ask a girl is she has ever had 5 Guys and she replies “all at once?” She’s a keeper...

Ajnorcal, Refugeguy and JRS like this.
  10. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

It's the VIRUS,,,,it has and will cause more damage money wise to this country than anything we'll ever see in our life times....it all started with toilet !!

Supply and demand, a trend once it's found out what people will pay and price don't matter much.... there is no stopping price gouging from here on out, ridiculous pricing.

Have you looked at wood prices...Romex wire has tripled in price.

Went fishing the other day...2 guys 32.00 gate fee and launch..

Gas is going to be 5 bucks by summers end....

There's no stopping it now... once we stir in the Biden crew...

Ravenanme likes this.