Out for the season?

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I injured my right shoulder in May, after 10 weeks including a month of PT with no improvment they're finally sending me for an MRI. PT says it's probably torn ligaments and that could mean surgery.

My dog will NOT be happy. Getting older really sucks sometimes.

One bit of good news, my left retina is firmly attached and not in danger, for now.

Tool_Man

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Good luck Bill Bob. Heal up and get after them next year. Fingers crossed for your health!

Green Duck Truck

Washington State Moderator
Reaction score
That is not good news! Unless you are a duck. Then it is fantastic news. Hope it does not keep you out of the field all season. And I agree with you, this getting older is not for wimps!

H20OTTER

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Do absolutely everything possible to avoid surgery!
I had it done and wished I never had. Shoulder was better injured than after the knife.

WYtransplant

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Oh man that sucks. After initial heal up you can still call and make fun of folks in the blind or boat ;). After you are mobile let me know I'll take ya out to make fun of my shooting if nothing else..

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Do absolutely everything possible to avoid surgery!
I had it done and wished I never had. Shoulder was better injured than after the knife.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience,

My injury is not a rotator cuff. it's muscles/ligaments of the scapular. Constant pain and feeling like I have knife in my back for 10 weeks now. I can only use my left arm and even doing that that much pulls on the damaged area and causes more pain. I'll try anything.

All Day

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hope you get well soon!

HaydenHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I had a stent placed in a major cardiac artery last November. I stayed on the sidelines for a month but went on multiple hunts where I did not take my gun but I called, watched my partner shoot and worked the dogs. It was fun. I know that you might be primarily a solo hunter, Billy Bob. But if you have any hunting partners I would encourage you to get out and hunt with them, even if not shooting yourself. Beats sitting around and missing out.

Good luck with your recovery.