Overlander Update-offroad trailer

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
:l Yeah I had a roller but didn't have a paint pan. Didn't want to make one more trip to home depot. it is only 2.5 sheets of plywood. Final coat looked better. It is a camper after all. I don't want to make all better homes and gardens. lol

Think we decided on this flooring. Sunday the maxfan and flooring go in in-between Mother's day activities. Possibly finishing the front shelves.

67356541365__53E8B113-9E23-40E4-B47A-7BC434DC3735.JPG

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Only had a couple of hours to work on it but got the window trim back on and the floor in yesterday and made a start on the front shelves. We will see how the flooring stands up. You usually get what you pay for but It will mostly just be under a bed. The bed will lift via ratchet straps for rubbermaid storage when in transport. So that is the only time you will see most of the floor. As long as it continues to stick I will be happy. I will finish the front shelves today and possibly get the Maxxfan in and more. Front shelves are a little fiddly as I have to have a couple of doors to access the electrical. Hoping to get this thing finished in the next week or so. I am missing out on fishing!

IMG_1493.jpg

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Been a little while since I updated my progress.

The inside is mostly done. I have not been able to do the Maxxfan or the celing yet because I cannot find two days in a row with no rain! But I am satisfied with how it turned out. Black circle in the front there is the heater register. Reading lamps have a usb port on the bottom as well. We may put one more board up there but are waiting to get the bed in to see how it looks.

IMG_1537 2.jpg
IMG_1538.jpeg

Also got the solar wired in and working. Happiness is a blinking light on the solar charger. (currently it is just a 100w single panel)

IMG_1513 2.jpg
IMG_1519.jpg

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Because I got tired of the rain causing me to have to scramble to put tools up only to get them out again, I installed the 270 awning. This awning has walls you can attach as well which creates great dry private space and good protection from a bit of wind. Not helpful to have them up right now but when I do my final walk through video I will set them up. A second awning will go up on the passenger side. It has an actual room with it that can be a bug proof room and a changing room. But because I have to add a support that is further down the list for now.

IMG_1508.jpeg
IMG_1509.jpeg
IMG_1510.jpeg

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Starting to work on the galley waiting for a bit of sunshine (this weekend!) and got the refrigerator slide done. Last picture is.just a picture of when I was sizing things to be sure they would work. For drawers I am picked up a Husky tool chest. It was cheaper than the plywood and sliders to build the drawers (and it will actually be straight. lol). and a counter top will go over both.
IMG_1535.jpeg

IMG_1533.jpeg
IMG_1534.jpeg

And as you can see they are plenty deep enough for dishes. We will make foam dividers etc to keep the drawers settled on the road.
IMG_1497 2.jpeg
67382060928__4EF962F8-A63E-4840-99DB-DC5667F086B7.jpeg

With more than one day in a row of sunshine expected for Sunday and Monday I may actually get the ceiling done and Maxxfan in! Enjoying the project and only a couple of weeks to get it done before I will be using it!

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Finished up the fridge slider. Mounted the cabinet and installed the Maxxfan. It has a rain sensor as well as a thermostat. That will be really nice to prevent having the trailer overcooked while out fishing.

IMG_1545.jpeg
IMG_1546.jpeg