PCP Pellet rifle

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by Squaller, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I am currently in the process of purchasing a PCP .25 cal air rifle... (Hatsan Flash QE .25 cal)

I know next to nothing about rifles, scopes, etc...

For an attachable bi-pod, how long does it need to be to shoot comfortably from a sitting position? Any recommendations or any to avoid?

Looking at a Bushnell AR 3-9 x 40 for the scope (the 2-7 was not available).... I am more concerned about the optics from 10-30 yards than from 50-100 yards.

Anything I need to know about scope rings?

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Air Rifle Scopes
    Choosing the right air rifle scope can be a daunting task. There are dozens to choose from and all of them have different features to offer you. To make things easier, lets examine the basics of airgun scopes. Essentially, a scope simply magnifies an image you are targeting and puts you on the same visual plane as the object. It does this by using a series of lenses inside the scope to bend the light that enters so that it magnifies the image. An air rifle scope is special because it can withstand the unique vibration and double recoil of an air rifle. NEVER PUT A FIREARM SCOPE ON AN AIR RIFLE. Now, the reason people enjoy having scopes on their air rifles is because it will help you achieve the pinpoint accuracy that air rifles are known for. So, let’s take a look at the two different kinds of scopes starting with fixed air rifle scopes.
    https://www.airgundepot.com/air-rifle-scopes-overview.html

3. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Hey Thanks NV Ducker for the Web info , as my friend has a 25 cal and let me shoot it , I've had the "Burning Desire" !

4. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Elite Refuge Member

Native...you're the male Siri :tu

5. ukcpeak

ukcpeak Senior Refuge Member

Spring piston air rifles recoil forward and will destroy cheapo rifle scopes, which you shouldn't be wasting your money on even for a 22. You will be fine putting any decent rifle scope on a pcp rifle, and most spring piston rifles.