Pharrs island

GunPlumber

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. So a friend of mine got picked for blind C-10. He made a mistake and should have put A-10. But that’s what we are dealing with now. Does anyone know anything about that spot? It looks like a boat blind only spot with no land to build a blind and in swift water that could flood easily.

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. So a friend of mine got picked for blind C-10. He made a mistake and should have put A-10. But that’s what we are dealing with now. Does anyone know anything about that spot? It looks like a boat blind only spot with no land to build a blind and in swift water that could flood easily.
Haven’t hunted up that way in a long time but used to hunt several open water blinds….had one blind that was ankle to knee deep in a 40 x 40 area that dropped off to hat floating depth…great diver hunting……if they are in……otherwise enjoy the boat ride LOL

Until you go and check water depth you don’t know
Usually the Corp tends to drop water during early hunting season
and will always concentrate on keeping main channel at 9 foot minimum
Those “back” point blinds can be good but by the end of the season you will know every group that has to pass you on their way into their spot

A-10…….hunted it several seasons….decent blind but again been awhile

I would give A-9 the edge but like I said it has been along time
A lot will depend on who your “neighbors” are…….if they think they can call ducks off another blind…….hey, it’s public hunting

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
One thing to consider…..the river is one of the last places to freeze
Nothing like Goldeneyes whizzing thru the set to show how far you are behind them on the first shot…..and one thing about blue bills…..they just keep coming….no mallard juking and jiving. You learn to stand up when they break 35 yards cause they will be there about the time you get the gun up.:yes

Lived close to “a crazy cat woman” and she thought I was the berries with all the “cat food” I’d give her…….

I figured it was good insurance against her laying some bad mojo on me or turning me into a newt :l:l:l

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
One thing to consider…..the river is one of the last places to freeze
Nothing like Goldeneyes whizzing thru the set to show how far you are behind them on the first shot…..and one thing about blue bills…..they just keep coming….no mallard juking and jiving. You learn to stand up when they break 35 yards cause they will be there about the time you get the gun up.:yes

Lived close to “a crazy cat woman” and she thought I was the berries with all the “cat food” I’d give her…….

I figured it was good insurance against her laying some bad mojo on me or turning me into a newt :l:l:l
Nothing like jumping up at bluebills inside 20 and getting one shot straight overhead at shadows and one more off balance blast at blue sky behind you :l:l

Timber

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sometimes they can be rewarding!

Attachments

• 88516.jpeg
    88516.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 35