Pick up your empties

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Flyway Forum' started by JP, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Okie Fowler

Okie Fowler Senior Refuge Member

Looks like you're located in Zoe, OK. Wister is a good place to hunt. You can hunt Summerfield, or hit the timber on the southeast side of the lake. If you don't mind driving a little distance, Tamaha or Keota is pretty good too. Think about Spiro as well. I'm retired, so I hunt mostly during the week. Don't mind sharing some information or hunting together, but there are a couple of spots I hold close to my vest. Now if we can work out something for geese, I might be willing to share at least one of those spots:yes

2. frozen okie

frozen okie Senior Refuge Member

Well we may have to get together , I’m not retired but I work 3 on 3 off so I get some time to chase critters
    I usually end up hunting by myself one of the reasons I got a dog , need someone to talk to lol

JP likes this.
  3. Okie Fowler

Understand because at least 50% of the time I hunt by myself. Had to get rid of our lab, though. My wife developed allergies, one of which was to pet dander...that was a sad day.

We could hunt at Tamaha this coming season. I could pick you up at the gas station that's on the corner of 59 and 9, just west of Spiro. No need to bring your boat, decoys or a handheld GPS.

4. frozen okie

If I dont bring a GPS how am I suppose to know where am at and get back out? LMAO

5. Cocklebur

Cocklebur Senior Refuge Member

This should be implemented on CA refuges, heaps of empties are common at most public refuges. Good on your state for addressing the issue.

6. Okie Fowler

Exactly the reason you won't need your GPS:D I don't provide lunch, but do provide a life jacket and a blindfold, to and from the hunting location. Safety first!

frozen okie likes this.
  7. frozen okie

Can the dog come and does she need a blind fold also?

8. Vahunter

Vahunter Elite Refuge Member

The way to get around that is to take empties in with you.

9. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

When you shoot scotch doubles regularly you have to be prepared for the man.

10. johnliester

johnliester Senior Refuge Member

More than once lately I have picked up others empties. And not just a few. I picked up over 100 from one spot. And yes, I did tell Mr green jeans about it. He in turn showed me 11 five gallon bucket fulls he picked up. And yes, he's writing tickets now. For littering. As it should be. Lazy jerks pick up after yourself. Your mommy doesn't work out there.