Pictures Please

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by BBFlinger, Oct 3, 2009.

1. BBFlinger

BBFlinger Elite Refuge Member

Ill post some up after the weekend. But, If you got em, lets see em!!:tu

2. rustygun

rustygun Refuge Member

Catching a little nap to pass the time away.
    [​IMG]

Shooting at some quackers
    [​IMG]

Hero Shot, big smiles!
    [​IMG]

Inconciderate hunters. These guys pulled up next to us and thew out their spread. I estimated they were only 60 to 70 yards away. It would have been nice if they went on the other side of us where there was plenty of room. Typical for Farmington Bay on the opener.
    [​IMG]

3. wingshot3

wingshot3 Senior Refuge Member

Thats sure is how it is on the opener at FB!! I've had that done to me so many times and thats why I don't do openers at FB anymore! damn inconsiderate hunters but just on the opener then the real hunters come out and there considerate.

4. cut emnova

cut emnova Elite Refuge Member

headed up to idaho for the opener to a new area...people already had permission on our 2 first choice fields..so we set up in another field and ran some traffic..an our later we had our birds!....:tu
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Love-to-hunt

Love-to-hunt Elite Refuge Member

Nice shoot. I miss field hunting for geese.

Ask Matt what the 'Y' sticker is doing on the back of the trailer, this is waterfowling 101. :dv

6. cut emnova

cut emnova Elite Refuge Member

Pete....

i keep trying to find a big red U sticker for the other side! kind of ironic that he drives a "red" truck!

7. rmk800

rmk800 Elite Refuge Member

SWEET!!! way to smack down some birds Camblin!

8. rhansen

rhansen Senior Refuge Member

Congrats guys:tu Cant wait tell I can get out there.....

9. Honka Meister

Honka Meister Senior Refuge Member

Sweet dood!!!!! Way to put the hamma down!!!!! The only goose I got had an egg attached to it!

10. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Sort of a strange hunt. Checked the fields Wednesday and Thursday. Nothing. Wasn’t too surprised. Friday 150 geese on the field.
    My kids and wife didn’t want to go, neighbor had work.
    Was wide-awake early Saturday, all the decoys set up by 6:30. And was it ever cold and windy, yikes the wind hurt!
    Off in the distance I could see a flight headed my direction, and then 50 ducks bombarded me. Some landing inches from me, I didn’t want ducks messing my goose shoot, so I bumped them, a bunch more landed, bumped them, Then the geese started dumping air 300 yards out. Geese were trying to set down 200 yards out I really got on the call, While watching the geese in the distance a dozen geese and 20 ducks set down 15 yards in front to the left. The last 150 yards, 60 geese were wingtip high off the ground The 60 started setting down, the back birds landing in front: of landed birds. I let them mill around and figured it was time, jumped the geese fird two shots dropped 2 geese, the geese caught the wind and I didn’t care to tailpipe a bird. The dog picked up one goose then tried for the 2nd, I jumped out and grabbed the 2nd goose. Put 2 more shells in my gun, and that same flock came back around d , I let them set down, I could see more birds in the distance, sat up, waited for them to jump picked two birds that were clear. 4 geese, 4 shots, all the decoys picked up and at the truck before 8:00

[​IMG][/IMG]