Virginia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Pitiful Day to be a Virginian

Discussion in 'Virginia Flyway Forum' started by kahunna, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

This just goes to show you how far some politicians will go to get their agenda passed. Not to mention the news media. The democrats stand for nothing to help this country. I would feel like an idiot to be a member of that bunch. Hopefully, this circus act going on now will back fire and Trump will keep going for four more years.

buckmaster1 likes this.
  2. The Hilljack

The Hilljack Elite Refuge Member

Dems have pre-filed a bill that would basically make our laws the same or worse as California's. Feels like time to put up or shut up.
    397 "Assault firearm" means:
    398 1. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
    399 explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;
    400 2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
    401 explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of
    402 the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes
    403 conspicuously beneath the action of the rifle; (iii) a thumbhole stock; (iv) a second handgrip or a
    404 protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (v) a bayonet mount; (vi) a grenade launcher;
    405 (vii) a flare launcher; (viii) a silencer; (ix) a flash suppressor; (x) a muzzle brake; (xi) a muzzle
    406 compensator; (xii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a
    407 muzzle brake, or (d) a muzzle compensator; or (xiii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in
    408 clauses (i) through (xii);
    409 3. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
    410 explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;
    411 4. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
    412 explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of
    413 the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a thumbhole stock; (iii) a second
    414 handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) the capacity to accept a
    415 magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (v) a shroud that is attached to, or
    416 partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the
    417 non-trigger hand without being burned; (vi) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the
    418 pistol is unloaded; (vii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c)
    419 a barrel extender, or (d) a forward handgrip; or (viii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in
    420 clauses (i) through (vii);
    421 5. A shotgun with a revolving cylinder that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
    422 explosion of a combustible material; or
    423 6. A semi-automatic shotgun that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a
    424 combustible material that has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii)
    425 a thumbhole stock, (iii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the shotgun, (iv)
    426 the ability to accept a detachable magazine, (v) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds, or
    427 (vi) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (v).
    428 "Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert, modify,
    429 or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily
    430 assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been
    431 rendered permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or
    432 relic as defined in 18.2-308.2:2.

No grandfather clause. ONE attribute makes it illegal. Remember, those mini shotgun shells? Well how many of those will your 870 hold? Hmmm

10rd mags. Muzzle brakes.

I'm sure most of us will sit on our hands and be Fudds about this. Some won't. Start calling your state delegates and senators and the governor. Write emails and paper letters too.

3. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

I will call/send letters. Doesn't matter. If it gets out of Committee it will pass.

4. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

Maybe easier to petition to give Northern Virginia back to the Indians, or let Maryland or D.C. annex it. Either way, sure would make the rest of Virginia more palatable.

5. markd

I like it K. Take PG/Montgomery/DC/City of Alexandria/Fairfax/Arlington/Prince William = New DC. It would be the most liberal rich state in America. Think of all the hybrids, solar panels, and gun free zones they could have. They would already have a football team worthy of all due respect from such a state.....

6. buckmaster1

buckmaster1 Elite Refuge Member

Apollo Beach, Fl, Formerly from Gloucester, VA
    The problem with this. is it will give the liberal Dumbacrats two more seats in the Senate.

7. markd

Ahhh, Grasshopper.....we (real Americans) will gain 4 for Virginia and Maryland.....

13011551.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  8. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

New DC (Nuevo DC, en Espanol).
    Just make sure the Montgomery County Alcoholic Beverage Services stay the same...wouldn't want to lose the best retail liquor prices on the East Coast!

9. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Get a bunch of kindergardeners in there. You might get more accomplished. Don't understand how grown men and women can act and behave so stupid. I Get a chuckle when standing in line at the bank with the sign " your money is backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government" Yea,right.

10. VA marsh rat

VA marsh rat Senior Refuge Member

Not to be an ignoramus, but what committee does this originate in?