Pond Hunt

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by MJ, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Horse feathers, many a water-swatted duck has flown off.

widgeon likes this.
  2. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Too bad YouTube has demonetized hunting videos.

3. pentail

pentail Administrator Moderator

Screenshot (203).png

4. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Senior Refuge Member

I’ve always found it funny that the idea of duck hunting is to trick a bird into coming into your decoys for a shot but totally finishing the bird to the ground or water then killing it is frowned upon. I love finishing a good flock of birds n let them sit for a second then get em. Only the first ones water swatted

Fowler267 and Duck_Hunter_TX like this.
  5. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I surfed through his channel last night. That's why they came up with "Dux Waterfowl" gear. He and a couple other channels push their products. They're popular enough that most all of their videos are sponsored. Most of the vids I peaked at were geared toward a young audience and have a lot of clowning around. Several other decent to good hunting videos though. Like him or not he seems to be doing a good job of attracting kids to fishing and hunting and I have to give that a :tu.

6. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator

I found the same. And from what I saw it wasn't the "in your face" promo, but rather subtle marketing. My original post certainly wasn't meant as a slam on them or their hunting style. I would hunt with them for the same reason another reply mentioned by @Out of focus ; they have ducks to shoot!

Billy Bob likes this.
  7. Northhunter

Northhunter Senior Refuge Member

Youtube has demonetized everything. With 1.2 million I bet they get a pretty good paycheck off just page views alone.
    There are thousands of vidoes of ubscure things on Youtube that have gotten "big". Swimsuit try-on "hauls". They are not for women. They are clickbait for men.. a lot of them will have a link for a patreon page. I thaught it was a place to maybe buy the stuff they were trying on.. oh how wrong I was lol. It's a place to buy stuff alright.. the stuff they can't post on Youtube!
    Another "thing" is "unboxing" vids. You order stuff (anything ) and film yourself opening the package? ***.. I dunno how it became a "thing" but there are thousands of them.
    There was a program on the tele tonight.. a Canadian program. Universities have teams of players with full scholarships to play videogames. They even trade players.. the program shadowed one team (that was not a school team.. they were "pro"). They "trained" together in a mansion 6-8 hrs a day with a coach. All their meals are prepared by a dedicated chef. They have a masseuse, a masseuse and a sport psychologist on hand... and some of them make upwards of 100k a year. Insane.

widgeon likes this.
  8. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

The kid that does these videos is charismatic and friendly... The group is enthusiastic and they are having fun hunting.

Good for the kid having the gumption and putting forth the effort to make some money for the outdoors at his age... But not my style. I'd probably hunt with them one on one, but the group antics have zero appeal to me.

Too bad that he was demonetized... No doubt that politics has entered the hunting arena... California is flat proof of that currently. Admittedly, many of the hunting videos I have seen have been in poor taste, and I doubt there is anyone at youtube that has any experience or understanding of hunting or hunting ethics.

Duck_Hunter_TX and Billy Bob like this.
  9. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

I was in contact with one of the guys doing this (I post videos but only have about 4500 subscribers) and he said he was making over $170,000 a year off his youtube/instagram/ etc. accounts. Why am I still working?

Fowler267, Duck_Hunter_TX and Juan De like this.
  10. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

I like Flair and Bobby Guy a lot. They're cool and if you've ever watch the Grind Waterfowl TV or others Flair and Bobby are quite refreshing.

I've seen some people in MO sporting Dux gear at the poor lines.

Billy Bob likes this.