Pork chops...

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by Coho, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Moderator

How do you like to cook them? I got some and want to try something different. :)

2. GVOllie

GVOllie Senior Refuge Member

If they're boneless, pound them flat, cook in a skillet, and top with sun dried tomato compound butter or blue cheese compound butter.

Quick, simple, tasty.

3. Rick_C

Rick_C Senior Refuge Member

This is one of my family favorite ways to have them. "Recipe" is mine and is just about perfect amount for 4 or 5 people.

Below amounts are easily varied depending on the number of people you're feeding.

4 - 6 pork chops (bone in or out)
    1 large can (28oz) crushed tomatoes
    2 cans (14oz) diced tomatoes (I like the ones with garlic,basil and onion)
    1 med red onion, diced
    3 - 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
    2 tbsp Italian seasoning
    Diced jalapeno's (I buy the small can of already diced)
    3/4 cup red wine
    2 tbsp veg oil
    Salt
    Black pepper

Salt and pepper chops and brown both sides in oiled skillet over medium high heat. Remove chops and set aside on paper towels.

In same skillet saute onions until soft and just starting to brown on med heat, add garlic and 1 - 2 table spoons diced jalapeno's (adjust to your liking). Pour in red wine to deglaze pan. Add all the tomatoes (with liquid), italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Add chops back into skillet, making sure they are well covered by sauce. Once the sauce starts to bubble, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 45 mins to an hour (depending on thickness of chops. They will be more tender the longer they cook)

We like to make up some white rice and spoon the tomato sauce over it as a side. You can also add mushrooms and bell peppers to sauce if you like.

4. lilly

lilly Senior Refuge Member

thick chops stuff them with a sausage stuffing bake then cover with a mushroom gravy.:tu

5. Extex

Extex Elite Refuge Member

Dutch Oven Chops - 1-2 inch thick chops - Season with your favorite seasonings. I use Lantana - a texas BBQ fahita seasoning - Brown all sides on a hot grill. Load up a dutch oven with large diced veggies - potatoes, carrots, celery, bell and jalapeno peppers. Salt and pepper the veggies. Mix in 1-2 slices of bacon chopped up. Set the chops on top and I use a charcoal starter full of coals - more than you need - it will be done in a couple hrs but in camp it may set for 5 hours. If you want creamier veggies add a can of cream of mushroom/chicken soup. I use this with roasts, chicken, pork butts, venison, elk, sausage - whatever ;) I wrap the venison with bacon cause it will dry out. I dump BBQ sauce on the meat about an hour before we eat it and its the only time I open the oven before eating it. The longer it cooks the more it falls apart. Its good and its easy. Brown the meat! Very Important for the flavors. If you don't have a dutch oven for the outside cook it in your oven in a roaster.