Pray for me please I am beginning to lose my faith in Jesus as being a benevolent God.

Bear

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not wanting to just am as I get older.

Bear

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Put down the news and pick up the Bible. I don’t know if, “meditate” is the right word but put aside all the other distractions. Sometimes it helps to get back into the word, with a loved one.
It has nothing to do with current events.

My family, on both sides, and I discuss the Bible every day.

I pray every day.

Praying just feels hollow now even though I still do pray.

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Read about the dark night of the soul. Mother Teresa gives a great account of it but many other saints experienced it. You aren’t progressing in faith if you are always fake happy. That’s called dishonesty.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with current events.

My family, on both sides, and I discuss the Bible every day.

I pray every day.

Praying just feels hollow now even though I still do pray.
What do you pray for?
I save the self stuff until I really need it.
Usually if I'm praying for me it's ALWAYS the same prayer.
"Lord please give me the strength and wisdom I need to figure out the crisis I'm in".
I calm down and within minutes the answer is there.

Usually I'm praying for way bigger things than me. Perhaps that's what you need to try?
Hang in there. ;)

sdkidaho

Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming
Reaction score
Just listened to a neural surgeon talk about addictions and how they literally shrink parts of the brain. He spoke about research and studies that show how to reverse the effects of that brain shrinkage (damage?).

These things helped reverse the negative effects of addiction:
Meditation
Prayer
Singing (he noted it wasn’t sing just anything, but songs like hymns).

I thought that was fascinating that doing things that link us to God created a physical change (for the better) in our brains and was proven by science.

It’s never going to be easy. The adversary (the devil), will always be trying to get us to lose focus on God, through whatever means he can - even apathy. I’ve grown to learn that the simple things are what strengthen me:
-Study my scripture daily. Not just read, but trying to understand His word and His will.
-Pray daily. Many times. For others, for guidance, for myself, for understanding, for strength, to give thanks, and more.
-Seek for opportunities to serve someone else, to lighten their burdens, for when we are in the service of our fellow man, we are in the service of our God.
-Remind myself of at least three of the things I have been blessed with, and I do this daily - it’s literally a reminder on my phone so I don’t forget.
-Seek to consume less of the world and more from God.

Hang in there brother Bear. He’s there for you every day.

sdkidaho

Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming
Reaction score
I read something today about spiritual apathy and wanted to share it with you @Bear

"...when we truly are in awe of Jesus Christ and His gospel, we are happier, we have more enthusiasm for God’s work, and we recognize the Lord’s hand in all things. Additionally, our study of God’s words is more meaningful; our prayers, more intentional; our worship, more reverent; our service in God’s kingdom, more diligent. All these actions contribute to the Holy Spirit’s influence being more frequent in our lives. Thus, our testimony of the Savior and His gospel will be strengthened, we will keep Christ alive in us,(See Galatians 2:20) and we will live our lives “rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, … abounding therein with thanksgiving.”(See Colossians 2:6-8) When we live in this way, we become more spiritually resilient and protected against falling into the trap of spiritual apathy.

Such apathy is characterized by the gradual loss of our excitement to engage fully in the Lord’s gospel. It generally begins when we are feeling that we have already attained all the necessary knowledge and blessings for our happiness in this life. This complacency, so to speak, causes us to take the gospel gifts for granted, and from then on, we run the risk of neglecting both our regular immersion in the essentials of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the covenants we have made. Consequently, we gradually distance ourselves from the Lord, weakening our ability to “hear Him,”(See Matthew 17:5 and Luke 9:35) becoming indifferent and insensitive to the greatness of His work. Doubt regarding the truths we have already received may enter our mind and heart, making us vulnerable to the enemy’s temptations."(See 1 Peter 5:8)
-Elder Ulisses Soares

I hope that's helpful - I know it was for me. I'm grateful that men are willing to share their struggles and humble enough to ask for help - that gives strength to others without the the one facing the trial even knowing it. Thanks for that.

yankeegray

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Trust me Bear there is a loving god looking over us. I had my experienced with him being during my journey on the ventilator. He is god he is there for us. You have my word on this.

Latest posts