Pray for me please I am beginning to lose my faith in Jesus as being a benevolent God.

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That's not totally true...only through the spirit of Jesus are we saved...not through a baptism.
I fear if you follow that path you'll not find your salvation..
God Bless
According to whom?

I am quoting the Catholic fathers before the gospels were written.

buck_master_2001

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Intelligence is asking questions and looking for answers. Ask your good to show you 100% proof that he is real. Let everyone here know your answer you get.

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Intelligence is asking questions and looking for answers. Ask your good to show you 100% proof that he is real. Let everyone here know your answer you get.

He told me I could tell everyone but you the answer. He said you have to go to him directly yourself to get it, sorry.

Woodduck31

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Bear, sorry you are going through a time of trouble, we all have times of struggle in our lives where doubt can get into the mix. I've been thinking daily about your question since you posted it and feared it would turn into just what it has. 2 Timothy 2:14 "Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers." I didn't want to be a contributor in that regard to this discussion.

I struggle at times of feeling defeated in my faith. We have an older son who has separated from the family, got into drugs and will not listen, it's hard on everyone. We have been abandoned by nearly all of our friends and really only see my youngest son who is equally committed to Christ. We really don't fit in this culture as a lot of us who follow Christ would probably confirm. There is a lot of bad going on in the world now, I try not to pay attention to it, but it's always around us. I have to constantly remind myself that God is still in charge, I feel so weak at times. My son, Caleb and I have spiritual talks all the time just as you have mentioned, but we still go through tough times. Circumstances have been raining down pretty hard on Caleb lately, more bills than income with inflation going crazy. Things breaking down, his kids getting sick, lots of things that can cause doubts to slip in.

We work together several days a week, I work with him in his wood decor business, but don't take pay. He's always amazed at how much work I get done and I tell him it's because I asked God for longer minutes. In some respects I'm kidding, but really not. I can get overwhelmed, especially this time of year since Caleb's business is primarily wedding related. I do see God's hand in my life, that is when I allow it and ask for it.

i think we can get in a rut of looking at God and His Word and letting others tell us what He's saying rather than letting God speak to us. At one point in my life I was where you are and just felt empty, I gave my life to Christ over 50 years ago, but 20 years ago I just felt like nothing was going right. I asked God to become real in my life and He has. I'm with you brother, we all struggle, keep searching, let God strengthen you, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

goosehunter64

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You still can't be born again through a water baptism...even John the Baptist eluded to that.
Baptisms are just a ritual of the old testament just like the Jews getting circumcised.
Jesus improved on some laws when he came into the world.
Acts 4:12
John 3:5-6
John 14:6-7