Prepper alert

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If you happen to be one of those people who like to be prepared for stuff then you might want to buy a little extra in the coming days/weeks prior to Feb. 1st.

I have it on good authority that there is likely going to be a railroad strike sometime after Feb. 1st. The railroad is seeking an injunction (even though folks have been working without a contract for 3 years) to stop it but it does not look good. There are also a bunch of people in that industry saying take this job and shove it.

It may be avoided so disclaimer right there, but if it isn't just think what that will do to supply lines which are already in trouble with the major industries (longshoremen, truckers, and railroads) in a circular firing squad about whose fault it is.

funny how the media has not caught wind of it at all.

Just a tip I heard from a friend last night. If you do the stock thing seems like a good bet to short BNR? lol

Has potential of being an interesting two weeks.

Bear

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. My food shelves are empty and need a few things for the girls.

Never mind that covfefe brewing in Europe.

I am an absolute prepper…thanks again.

HEB our local grocery store is already saying Forget about it on certain items.

Last edited:

WoodieSC

North/South Carolina Flyway Forum
Reaction score
I've sent a copy of your comments to a friend of mine who stays on top of the railroad businesses. He's a former RR Engineer, and spent years working in Economic Development with one of the lines. I'll let you know what he says.

Bear

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
BNSF is the largest tank car transporter of crude I believe.

No pipeline and no tank cars. It could cause an interesting situation at the refineries.

Since Warren Buffett is good buddies with the demorats AKA: Biden et al. Phew…what’s that smell? Throw some ice on it!

IMOO

Last edited:

mrmallerd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Since Warren Buffett is good buddies with the demorats AKA: Biden et al. Phew…what’s that smell?

IMOO

Good enuff to get a pipeline shutdown not just once but twice by two different POTUS

Steelshot Scott

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Right now I think the problem is that the train crews don't feel safe going through democrat run cities with the rampant crime. There is talk that Union Pacific might pull out of California because their crews are being assaulted and the criminals are being released. The crews are finding themselves victimized by the same criminals, over and over.

I think I know where the heel/toe shifter for my motorcycle is right now, it has been missing in transport for 3 months. I bet it is along the tracks in LA.

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
There is that but the big thing was a new point system implemented by management (remember without a contract) that basically allows them to fire you if you take your personal days. It is screwy and wildly unpopular. In addition when you count the time away from family they could make more money at the local Panda Express (not kidding they actually advertised a starting wage of $18-$21). They at least put the vax mandate on hold until it had cleared the courts. They are getting ready to lose a lot of employees all at once. It could be really ugly as they try and get some back.

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Any more news on this?

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Should I ask Steamer?
He's CN employed.
Formerly ICG railroad.

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have been out of contact due to covid. I will see them Thursday night and try and remember to ask.

Latest posts