Pressure!!!!

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Mallets, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Mallets

Mallets Elite Refuge Member

Fastest and simplest cure to relieve pressure on the bottoms!

HORSEPOWER RESTRICTIONS AND PRIMITIVE POOLS!!!!!

I just watched for the last hour...3 young guns in 30,000 dollar go anywhere boat drive from one side of pool 4b to the other, around the island back and forth to both boat ramps and scare off every duck that settled in for the day!

Please tell me how a walk in hunter could do this!

Pool 4a is showing 7 inches on the KDWPT website and there were 6 big boats in that pool today!

Again please tell me the difference between an airboat and these new mud boats that can go anywhere they want? Airboats were banned years ago! What’s the difference in the two boats????

2. LA.Call'emClose

LA.Call'emClose Elite Refuge Member

You are preaching to the choir! But so many people in this day/age think that if the state puts restrictions on their mudboats its means next they will be closing down the duck season or taking away their Ar15s.

Restrictions need to be put in place. The people who use that lamd have already proven that most of them cant be trusted to conduct themselves with proper safety and ethics...so guess what?!? Rules have to be put in place to restrict that az*hats who dont have a lick of sense

Ramblingman likes this.
  3. LA.Call'emClose

I was hunting out there yesterday. Guess what? I literally heard mudmotors running nearly the entire morning, even during around the beginning of shooting time.
    There arent many birds using that place right now, its likely going to be the worst season out there that many will be able to remember

WHUP ! Hen and Ramblingman like this.
  4. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

Amen guys! I see it all the time. I have seen pass shooters using MM to keep moving to get under geese!!!! Back and forth for hours. Unfreaking believable!

I remember when the bottoms could hold birds all year. Time to step up KDWPT and do the right thing.

5. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

Anyone want to do something about this? I'm down. I'm sick and tired of seeing this place go to hell.

golden boy likes this.
  6. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

Brad.Loveless@ks.gov is the start

Showing up at commission meetings and voicing your opinion in numbers is the only way this has a fighting chance.

Making 3A a primitive pool with no water to hunt is a head scratcher for sure.

Neck Collar and Ramblingman like this.
  7. LA.Call'emClose

I'll shoot him an email...but my expectations are about zero for the leadership in that dept

8. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

I got a response from Loveless on the turkey issue. He seems to be more science and data driven unlike his predecessors.

9. gold10

gold10 Senior Refuge Member

Mallets your comment about boats in 4A with the reported 7 inches of water is why managing boat traffic through water levels is a poor solution. Without the full restriction there will be at least one yahoo who figures out a way to get a boat out there. I suppose if the pool gets low enough that it’s basically sheet water it will work but then you’ll have trouble floating a decoy. I just don’t get why they refuse to designate a second pool as no-motors...especially this year with the condition of 3A. It’s an easy fix and the entire area would be better for it.

10. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

I spent several days there the past week and I have to say, despite utilizing a boat with a mud motor, I think the place would be better off without them, or at least limited to a single pool. Trolling motors would be fine as the channels are being cut to 4-6 feet on the dikes, so it is still very doable to get a ways into the pools without rowing.