Private property law

stoneyhu717

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
All in the semantics.
More than semantics. If laws are used for their intended purposes, and not as a bypass of other laws, there are no issues. When officers try to bypass a law by exploiting another one, case law gets created, and it usually isn’t good for law enforcement when that happens.

samwinchester

Reaction score
I never thought of using bait to hunt pigeons. This`s some kind of primitive method...

samwinchester

Reaction score
I never thought of using bait to hunt pigeons. This`s some kind of primitive method... I believe, everything should be regulated by law, I always follow the rules when I hunt, because I don't want to run into problems. I think there should be state regulation when it comes to hunting, no matter who it is. How else would it be? Just imagine what a mess it could lead to… When I first came to the country, I didn`t know all these nuances, so I consulted lawyers parramatta. It's not the same here as in my home country, but I believe that every immigrant must comply with the rules of the place to which he moved.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I never thought of using bait to hunt pigeons. This`s some kind of primitive method... I believe, everything should be regulated by law, I always follow the rules when I hunt, because I don't want to run into problems. I think there should be state regulation when it comes to hunting, no matter who it is. How else would it be? Just imagine what a mess it could lead to… When I first came to the country, I didn`t know all these nuances, so I consulted lawyers parramatta. It's not the same here as in my home country, but I believe that every immigrant must comply with the rules of the place to which he moved.

I must have missed where someone mentioned hunting pigeons. May be wrong, but I believe it is perfectly legal to kill pigeons over bait. They aren’t regulated as a game bird by feds or state.

trashman

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
He would have never sued had he not been caught red handed violating multiple game laws

You can argue the details all you want, doesn't change those facts.

trashman

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Further the ruling overstepped in stating an opinion of the law, rather than just ruling on the case merits. By stating that state law basically amounted to a "general warrant", which in their opinion is problematic and should never be issued, its ripe for being overturned. The ruling in favor of the criminal was swayed by their opinion of whether the law should be on the books.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Jimatunes

Reaction score
I discussed this at dinner with a friend who's an Air Force Court-Martial Attorney. The wildlife officer does have the right to verify the hunter is the owner. Once he has verified it, if the Officer observes a law violation, it would fall under the "plain view search", and the Officer can issue the citation even if the person committing the violation is the property owner. The Officer was lawfully on the property with the intent to confirm the hunter either has a license or is the property owner. The Wildlife Officers are very familiar with who the property owners are.

Last edited: