Proposed waterfowl guide rules

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by malford, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

I used you once years ago for spring snows because my gear was in Canada.The one and only time I have used a GO . Once was more than enough to prove that not only could Ido it on my own, I could do it better. I had multiple run ins with a certain former guide who is no longer allowed to guide on 8. Most of you know the story of what happened to him. He sure wasn't fond of me beating him to the spots or rubbing it in his face.

You will not change my mind.

2. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

They were not a legal licensed guide since they did not have the special - use permit.

Exactly, you can do it on your own but for 1 reason or another you hired an outfitter. Aren't others allowed the same option as you did? At least you now admit it instead of lying about your name and going out with us.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  3. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

One more thing I would like to add to things that could be changed/compromised.

These new rules are planned to take effect this year. I along with all the other outfitters have already taken reservations for this coming year and it would not be fair to us or them to implement these new rules so quickly. It's hard to be able to run a business if you are not sure if you will even draw a permit.

4. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

Only hunted it once....so I really have no dog in the fight..so I have never experienced any guiding issues.....

TOny - Do leave any permanant blinds on the mississippi on Public Land???????

5. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

No, not at all.

6. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

Then I really have no gripe about guiding on our public water ways.

7. owendog

owendog Refuge Member

You sound like a fool that hunts for the wrong reasons.

Its an opportunity that Toye provides. This isn't a killing contest to boost ones ego.

Not allowing a guide to carry a gun sounds ridiculous, and asking for waste.

This isn't a competition people. Respect the sport, its traditions, and mainly each other.

I agree guides showed pay a license fee, and have all qualifications. And should have some regulation. It weeds out trash.

8. G.B. Jack

G.B. Jack Elite Refuge Member

I know it's a hot button issue, please everyone just try and be respectful and factual, peoples livelihoods are at stake. While I believe there has to be gives and takes with this particular issue, it's sensitive.
    I've been a proponent of managed hunts, and I believe that will eventually come to pass here as it already has in many other states, so, I think manage the guides ( a bit) and manage the hunters also,for the best possible experience

9. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

You sound like a fool for assuming why or how I hunt. Please tell me in all your wisdom what is the proper way I should be doing this. Guess ive been doing it wrong for 30 plus years.

Stopped in and had a chat with the USFWS boys. These changes though not a done deal yet are going to happen in some form. Push from above . Yippeee

10. icebreaker12

icebreaker12 Elite Refuge Member

Tony, I feel for you on this. It appears these regulations were formatted by someone unfamiliar with guides, which is no surprise as many don't understand it. I didn't know that you were already required to get a special use permit. Those things are a bear.

The way I see it the timing of this is unfair. If you are already getting SUPs the trash will naturally be weeded out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.