Proposed waterfowl seasons and limits

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Bwana1, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Bwana1

Bwana1 Elite Refuge Member

2. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Elite Refuge Member

I really wish they’d pull some days from first 2 splits n add em during deer gun season. Other then that it’s all good I guess. Or just take em n give me sundays for third split.

3. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

I agree.
    Put wooducks with early teal.

4. Marshbum

Marshbum Elite Refuge Member

Absolutely on adding woodies to teal. Maybe slide it down to 2 for the early season. When I was stationed in KY it was 2 woodies and 2 teal or 4 teal. Teal have since sprung to 6 (and woodies likewise to 3) but I could see a 2 x 4, 1 x 5, or 0 x 6 limit.

TCS

5. muddyduck

muddyduck Elite Refuge Member

Get rid of Teal season all together.

When there was no September season we killed tons of BWTeal in Oct, and we could shoot everything else then except Black ducks.
    IMHO hunting just Teal through the end of September negatively impacts early migrators and pressures them and before you can get a chance to hunt them they are gone to Carolina or acting already stale.

Trophyduck and HatterWayne like this.
  6. derek

derek Elite Refuge Member

How about we make 1 offshore/seaduck zone and do away with the cluster fcuk confusion that comes out of people not understanding the law. Saw some pretty interesting things out there this year including Annapolis giving bad information to a hunter and then retracting it. 1 zone - you can't mess that up!

As for teal - I like my teal season and would hate to see it go away.. I think we would loose days if we took wood ducks in addition. If I remember correctly its 9 days to include wood ducks and a 16 day season just teal (to which MD only gives us 13 thanks to our special regs for resident goose). Could be worth it, but are we eligible? It would not be hard to kill wood ducks in September.

Trevor Shannahan likes this.
  7. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

Early resident goose really messed everything up here.

8. SAXIS ISLANDER

SAXIS ISLANDER Elite Refuge Member

Down here that early teal season is a non-event. Woodies however would be an nice add.

9. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

Part of the reason we see less blue wings is the eastern blue wing population is down. That’s what I have been told.

MarshmanDon and Ruination like this.
  10. Back2Maryland

Back2Maryland Senior Refuge Member

The 2 proposed duck zones on the last page was interesting. Think that has a chance of becoming law? NJ has had multiple zones for years.

B2M