PSA AR10 question

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by PrairieDream'n, Jan 21, 2021.

1. PrairieDream'n

PrairieDream'n Senior Refuge Member

2. 07AMF

07AMF Senior Refuge Member

PSA makes good stuff and they will stand behind it. The couch commandos will say they aren’t good enough.

The prices have gone up and they won’t get any cheaper.

Damian Wiening likes this.
  3. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Come the Revolution, anything is better than pitchforks and torches.

4. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

At a time you could get one for around $700.00 and change, that time is long gone, not a bad firearm at that price.

Buy an assortment of mags, (Brands)

5. killerv

killerv Elite Refuge Member

My buddy has been hunting with one for 3 years now. No issues, other than the time he dropped it from the deer stand.

That one comes with a really nice trigger, about the best out there. The str stocks have a really nice cheek weld.

6. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

I would avoid it.

They don't say who makes many of the major components. I don't think PSA has a barrel forge so they're buying it from somewhere and if they won't say where, it's probably not somewhere known for great quality. Same with their lowers and uppers, who makes all this stuff?

If they don't say who makes it they can also change vendors any time they want. Good for them, bad for you because if you rely on a track record for quality it could change without warning one day.

7. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

OT: But Windham (the people/Engineers) is the original makers of Bushmaster and I’ve been told that the BM are junk & Windham is better? Is Windham really that much better (they are a good price though)?
    I used to own a original FNFAL Belgium & been looking at a American made copy (I can’t think of the Mfg’fs- too many Jim Bean & ginger ale) & have read pro & con on these. So I guess you pays your money & takes your chances.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  8. 07AMF

07AMF Senior Refuge Member

The problem with the newer Bushmaster’s were they fell under the cluster F known as Remington.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  9. ronaldo

ronaldo Senior Refuge Member

And its not really all Remington's fault. Their real problems started when the litigation was allowed to go forward.

10. PrairieDream'n

PrairieDream'n Senior Refuge Member

Yeah, I wish (like I'm sure many do) that I had done it then. No telling how many of their Daily Deals I passed up that would have been a screaming bargain now. Anyway, figured if I didn't move now the damn things will soon be 2k and I'll wish I'd bought at 1200.00, so I have one on the way.

Thanks to all who offered their input!