Gun Dog Forum Sponsors

Pudelpointer VS Wired Pointing Griffon

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by gunnarmcc, Feb 11, 2020.

1. gunnarmcc

gunnarmcc Senior Refuge Member

I would say any of the https://www.pudelpointer-alliance.com/ breeders will be able to provide you with an amazing dog as will most NAVHDA breeders. Obviously Bob is in many ways the “holy grail” of pudelpointers but there are a lot of other amazing dogs and breeders who care as much about the breed as Bob does.

Bill Cosdon at https://hardtriggergundogs.com is definitely one of those people.

Personally I’d put some time into talking to the breeders your looking at and explain exactly what you are looking for in your dog. A quality breeder will be able to tell you truthfully if his dogs are the type of dog you’re looking for.

2. murdock84

murdock84 Elite Refuge Member

Mine is from Pan American Pudelpointers in Miami Florida. My buddy has one from him as well. I originally spoke to Leo at Pan American and John at Iwan Kennels that is in Pennsylvania. I was able to get on a list with Pan American and my wife flew down and picked up the dog. Our NAVHDA group has several pudelpointers in it. I believe there are dogs from Surrey Bird, Cedarwoods, Ripsnorter, Oxbow, Killbucks, Iwan and Pan American. The other guys pick on us and say we hang out together and all park together at training.

My dog will be turning 1.5 years old at the end of the month and he has really impressed a lot of people already. For his age he is really doing good in my opinion. Especially since I'm no expert trainer. I'm going to run him in the NAVHDA UT test in the early summer, he may not be totally ready for the duck search, but I want to see how he does. Everything else he should be fine on. My water training will be limited before the test due to access to the right type of water.

3. edbentle

edbentle New Member

Both of mine came from John Sempowski's kennel Iwan kennels: https://www.facebook.com/iwankennels. They're both great dogs. We got my dad's first and then last May I got mine. You just can't beat them. I've made a ton of mistakes in training because they're my first gun dogs but they're so forgiving and biddable. I knew my own knowledge base was lacking so when I researched dogs I knew I had to find some with a lot of instinct pre-installed. I haven't been disappointed. Goose Hunting.jpeg

WaterFoulHunter likes this.
  4. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

20210222_202022.jpg

Great Coat for water, very little shedding.
    Loves kids.

5. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator

And is this a PP or a DD?

6. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

He is a PP . My old DD was best dog I ever owned, but he was very sharp.

Cost me a couple grand on Chihuahuas he picked up . Untold number of neighborhood cats that crossed my yard ended up missing.

This PP isn't showing any signs of that sharpness.

7. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

My PP is good with small dogs....cats or other vermin? They best avoid him.

drahthaarducker likes this.