Pup's crazy

Ravenanme

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
All I can say is , come join us ! Once you understand the simplicity of loading 28's , very effective small bore shells , it's hard to go hunting /
shooting without it ! Hulls are getting harder to find but BPI has a bunch ! Check with Bullet or us to purchase the components you need , that
way your not spending on stuff you don't need ! Tried and True loads that work for the game you're after . It's Fun

hamernhonkers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Dedicated duck gun? Get the viper, mossy or the synthetic benelli's. All around go with the beretta or benelli ethos. Or get the bug and just get one of each lol. The nice part is most of them come with shims and you can get an decent fit with them. The benelli's are very light though and may take some serious adjustments if your use to heavier guns. Good luck with your decision.

Doug E

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
bolt release is very hard to push, mag spring is tough, hard to lock in shells.
Per the Shotgun World post below, Looks like Briley has an upgrade. Lots of people use them. I put one on my 3901, very helpful. Link below shows someone put one on a 28 gauge but I couldn't find a current available source - but then didn't look real hard. Good Luck!

I am getting ready to get a 28 gauge reloader because it is a deal too good to pass up, even though I don't own a 28 gauge yet, but will some day for sure. The money I'm going to save on the reloader will get me almost one third the way to a new A400, LOL

1670155193260.png

Don Smith

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I will say I ordered berreta mobil chokes that were supposed to fit the tristar 28 but don't. Called trulock back and they said they make a special choke for the tristar and are sending me the right ones now.
I had the same problem at first. I already had a bunch of 28 ga. Briley mobil chokes for my Beretta 687 O/U and only one would fit. I called Tristar and they had me send them the gun and my Briley chokes. A couple days after I sent all that, they called and said that the problem was the Briley chokes. They tried their chokes and Carlson chokes and they fit perfectly. I bought a bunch of Carlson extended chokes (I prefer extended chokes) and everything's good. Oh, btw, they had my gun and chokes back to me in no time at all.

After all this, I looked a Briley's website and saw that Mobile chokes for Tristars have to be special ordered. You send them the chokes from the Tristar and they "specially cut" chokes for you (at an outrageous price). Or, you can go to Carlson and just by great chokes that fit at a cheaper price than you pay for standard Mobil chokes from Briley. I'll never buy from Briley again.

Latest posts