Question for the learned men of PAF

labrador

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Why on earth are things like soda and chips/snack cakes eligible for purchase with SNAP/EBT dollars? This country has a monumental problem with obesity and obesity related diseases. Not only is it a slap in the face to the American taxpayer that these types of "foods" are the mainstay of the diet of the recipient class, but we also pay for the healthcare on the back end. If an individual or family is eligible for SNAP then they most certainly are eligible for Medicaid. We go to work to pay for their garbage food and then pay insane dollars for our own healthare while subsidizing their metformin and ER visits. It's infuriating that this is "just the way it is". The notion of the virtuous poor working man is largely a myth. People are poor because of poor decisions, and those poor decisions should hurt. Daddy government should not be providing subsistence. Let them starve or churches/family pick up the slack.

I know the real answer is that these companies' lobby is so powerful that they won't be removed from the eligible foods list. However, I can't believe people just accept this without massive pushback. Who can argue that the epidemic of overweight and obese is a net positive for our country? The whole welfare scheme has caused massive destruction of a wide swath of our country. It has ruined the will to provide or any hint of pride people should have inherently.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
To answer this you need to meet some people like Charles. His entire belongings fit into a suitcase. He is not a serviceman he's a gangsta.
Same thing. Different culture.
He couldn't cook a meal if you gave him the food, a kitchen, and the utensils.
Challenge him to try and "dats white ppl thangs".
I taught him to bake bread He actually did it at home too..there is hope but not much

cootmeurer

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Why are you offended by chips and cokes, when snap/ebt is used to fill this cart? I took that pic, standing behind the rather large individual in the checkout. Shrimp, lobster, crab legs, sushi, etc….
C740522A-36F6-4DC7-B2AC-664ACF602AB8.jpeg

labrador

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
To answer this you need to meet some people like Charles. His entire belongings fit into a suitcase. He is not a serviceman he's a gangsta.
Same thing. Different culture.
He couldn't cook a meal if you gave him the food, a kitchen, and the utensils.
Challenge him to try and "dats white ppl thangs".
I taught him to bake bread He actually did it at home too..there is hope but not much
Then Charles can starve to death or get cut down trying to steal from someone who worked. I care not a whit which he chooses.

oleww

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Why are you offended by chips and cokes, when snap/ebt is used to fill this cart? I took that pic, standing behind the rather large individual in the checkout. Shrimp, lobster, crab legs, sushi, etc….
View attachment 342055
This.

Don’t know the exact rules, but “they” can get live crawfish and all the fixings to boil (no not steam!) at home but they cannot buy already boiled seafood with those welfare cards.

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
In my neck of the woods, it’s mostly an equal split between the races of POSs gaming the system (because that is what it is to many). It’s a mentality/culture that needs to go out of fashion, not a program. Plenty of good folks need welfare. Plenty of bad folks need to learn some shame.