Question for the learned men of PAF

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not one of my proudest moments, but it felt right at the time. In my last job, I worked as a sales rep for Pepsi. Som I’m standin at the Casey’s gas station one Monday morning here in my hometown, fixin to go over my order with the store manager before it gets delivered the next day, so that she can modify it if she wants to. As I’m standing there waiting for her to end her conversation with the lady in the kitchen, another lady walks in the door. I like to call her type “stamp champs.” This lady walks over to the doughnut case and grabs a white cake doughnut. Proceeds to walk over to the cold vault, and grabs a can of Monster. She walks up to the register and sets her doughnut down on the little piece of wax paper that she grabbed the doughnut with, then places the Monster can down. Lady then pulls out her link card. Michelle, my store manager says, “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but you can’t buy monster with a link card.” So the lady walks back to the cold vault and puts it back on the shelf. She then grabs a can of Mtn Dew Amp. Comes back to the register and Michelle says “ma’am I’m sorry but you can’t buy amp with a link card.” So goes back to the vault, comes back with a can of Rockstar. Michelle’s response once again, “ ma’am I’m sorry but you can’t buy rockstar with a link card either.” Some now she flips out and gets aggressive acting like a two year old little brat who isn’t getting her way, and she yells at Michelle, “WELL SHAT CAN I GET THEN??!!” Michelle says, “the only energy drink that is approved by link is Red Bull.” The lady says, “that stuff is disgusting, it tastes like carbonated bubble gum!!” So, she returns to the cold vault to return the Rockstar, and grabs a can of Red Bull. Lemme remind you, the only people in this station during this time, are the lady working in the kitchen, the stamp champ, the manager Michelle, and myself. The way this lady snapped back at Michelle over not being able to get an energy drink ticked me off, cuz I didn’t feel that she honestly needed the doughnut either. So when she turns her back to replace the rockstar and grab the red bull, I reach down and grab that doughnut, and take a bite out of, then set it back down on the wax paper on the counter. My manager is standing right there behind the counter at the register like :oops:. I hear the door to the fridge shut so I know Ol girl is on her way back. I turned to look out the front door as I tried to choke this thing down. She comes back up and looks at her doughnut, and has the same reaction:oops:. She looks at
Michelle who just shrugs her shoulders, as to say “wasn’t me.” She then turns to me and says, “DID YOU EAT MY DOUGHNUT??!!” I said “no ma’am, I did not eat your doughnut, I just ate the piece that I’m paying for.” She threw a little fit and stomped out the door, leaving the Red Bull and the remainder of the doughnut sitting there. Michelle asked, “why in the world did you do that?!” I told her I didn’t appreciate her tone and the was she was acting, over not being able to get “free” items to her, whenever her and I hafta work everyday to not only feed our own families, but also other peoples family’s with that mindset. She then says, “welp, I guess you’ve got a doughnut to pay for.” Lesson learnt!!!
You are a rock star. :l

IV Hunt

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not one of my proudest moments, but it felt right at the time. In my last job, I worked as a sales rep for Pepsi. Som I’m standin at the Casey’s gas station one Monday morning here in my hometown, fixin to go over my order with the store manager before it gets delivered the next day, so that she can modify it if she wants to. As I’m standing there waiting for her to end her conversation with the lady in the kitchen, another lady walks in the door. I like to call her type “stamp champs.” This lady walks over to the doughnut case and grabs a white cake doughnut. Proceeds to walk over to the cold vault, and grabs a can of Monster. She walks up to the register and sets her doughnut down on the little piece of wax paper that she grabbed the doughnut with, then places the Monster can down. Lady then pulls out her link card. Michelle, my store manager says, “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but you can’t buy monster with a link card.” So the lady walks back to the cold vault and puts it back on the shelf. She then grabs a can of Mtn Dew Amp. Comes back to the register and Michelle says “ma’am I’m sorry but you can’t buy amp with a link card.” So goes back to the vault, comes back with a can of Rockstar. Michelle’s response once again, “ ma’am I’m sorry but you can’t buy rockstar with a link card either.” Some now she flips out and gets aggressive acting like a two year old little brat who isn’t getting her way, and she yells at Michelle, “WELL SHAT CAN I GET THEN??!!” Michelle says, “the only energy drink that is approved by link is Red Bull.” The lady says, “that stuff is disgusting, it tastes like carbonated bubble gum!!” So, she returns to the cold vault to return the Rockstar, and grabs a can of Red Bull. Lemme remind you, the only people in this station during this time, are the lady working in the kitchen, the stamp champ, the manager Michelle, and myself. The way this lady snapped back at Michelle over not being able to get an energy drink ticked me off, cuz I didn’t feel that she honestly needed the doughnut either. So when she turns her back to replace the rockstar and grab the red bull, I reach down and grab that doughnut, and take a bite out of, then set it back down on the wax paper on the counter. My manager is standing right there behind the counter at the register like :oops:. I hear the door to the fridge shut so I know Ol girl is on her way back. I turned to look out the front door as I tried to choke this thing down. She comes back up and looks at her doughnut, and has the same reaction:oops:. She looks at
Michelle who just shrugs her shoulders, as to say “wasn’t me.” She then turns to me and says, “DID YOU EAT MY DOUGHNUT??!!” I said “no ma’am, I did not eat your doughnut, I just ate the piece that I’m paying for.” She threw a little fit and stomped out the door, leaving the Red Bull and the remainder of the doughnut sitting there. Michelle asked, “why in the world did you do that?!” I told her I didn’t appreciate her tone and the was she was acting, over not being able to get “free” items to her, whenever her and I hafta work everyday to not only feed our own families, but also other peoples family’s with that mindset. She then says, “welp, I guess you’ve got a doughnut to pay for.” Lesson learnt!!!
:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

Sasquatch Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
The ironic part of that is by "caring" or giving a **** you actually doom people to a life of misery and subservience. The most humane thing one can do is to encourage self-sufficiency.
Most put themselves into that position and become a victim to the system, knowingly for something that perceived to be "FREE" to them.They "think" they be winning. But they are too sorry and or stupid to see that! Most are gaming the system some are not. Lowlife losers and the scammers.

Sasquatch Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Read my original message…the trash foods offer zero nutritive value. They also contribute to a massive amount of obesity and illness. If they want that type of product then they should march their happy *** to a job and pay for it.
Whoa Dogg a job? What a ideal.

labrador

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Part of my whole point with this thread is how desensitized we have become to the whole idea of government handouts. We collectively have allowed this perversion of compassion to be commonplace. When one really sits down to examine the behavior and consequences of handouts, it's quite devastating. Any time we as voters have the opportunity to interact with our representation, we should push back wholesale on the idea of handouts. Charity is not the place of government.

Currently in SD we have a couple of primary ballot initiatives. Amendment C is attempting to ensure it takes a 60% vote by ballot initiative to approve any large expenditure (+ 10mil). The main push behind Amendment C is to prevent a full court press from expanding Medicaid. SD is one of the last remaining states that doesn't have Medicaid for single adults without dependent children and the adult income limits are pretty low (as they should be). The other big ballot initiative is recreational MJ. If amendment C fails and rec weed passes it will be awful for this state. Again, the irony is that the proponents of "free" medical and legal weed can't see past the end of their face to see the destruction these policies cause. They just want something for free.

Sasquatch Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Part of my whole point with this thread is how desensitized we have become to the whole idea of government handouts. We collectively have allowed this perversion of compassion to be commonplace. When one really sits down to examine the behavior and consequences of handouts, it's quite devastating. Any time we as voters have the opportunity to interact with our representation, we should push back wholesale on the idea of handouts. Charity is not the place of government.

Currently in SD we have a couple of primary ballot initiatives. Amendment C is attempting to ensure it takes a 60% vote by ballot initiative to approve any large expenditure (+ 10mil). The main push behind Amendment C is to prevent a full court press from expanding Medicaid. SD is one of the last remaining states that doesn't have Medicaid for single adults without dependent children and the adult income limits are pretty low (as they should be). The other big ballot initiative is recreational MJ. If amendment C fails and rec weed passes it will be awful for this state. Again, the irony is that the proponents of "free" medical and legal weed can't see past the end of their face to see the destruction these policies cause. They just want something for free.
I have been asking the same thing for years now. Just think of the money saved by really monitoring that for legitimate cases. If you are able bodied you work. Just think about just one year we did A) Cut out handouts B) Stop ALL spending/ giveaway to foreign countries, especially the ones that HATE the USA.

JoJer

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
In my opinion they should get a severe prison sentence the first time they are convicted of stealing--say 10 years. The second time they go away for life, period, no exceptions. If they are hurt or killed in the act of stealing by someone defending his or her person or property, oh well. If we're going to spend money funding these people's lives I'd rather it be spent incarcerating them for life and keeping them out of my way.
Sorry, it costs too much. Every time you send a body "down the river" , each increase in custody level costs more. Unfortunately, as bad as prison is, it still doesn't necessarily deter them from coming back (AKA doing the same crime) only better. It's getting so that, in the time it takes to open a new prison (and staff it, then restaff it*) the new prison with it's extra beds are full and you need a new one. At $40K a head-that's an old figure for medium custody- It'd be cheaper to pay them so they don't have to steal. Oh, wait we're already doing that!
Here's another factoid for you: As bad and harsh as you would like prison to be, you can't make it worse than some of the historical examples through out history. And they didn't have much of a deterrent effect, either. My favorite example: In 18th century England, they did their hangings in public as a deterrent. One of the things they'd hang you for was picking pockets. But they had to stop the public executions because the pick pockets had a field day in the crowds.
* Any idea what the turn over is for Correctional Officers? My class sent about twenty new guys to work at the medium custody facility in Boise. 5 years later, there were three of us left. We lost 5 in the first week. I worked there for almost ten years. I probably wouldn't have lasted 10 days in any of the prisons in the big population states. You meet a lot of really awful people there. Then there's the inmates.

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
there should be some limits with snap/ebt or whatever subsidized programs out there. I recall seeing some billboards while driving through Baltimore a while back about a nightclub accepting Snap/ebt. I don't see a nightclub a necessity for anyone on the public dime but I guess they get by any issues if they service some kind of food outside of just alcohol.