Question

chubby

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
No such thing as a soft 107. Anyone who played at a high level knows how tough it is to win. Especially against the best players in the world.

One year has nothing to do with the next. The Dodgers reload every year. Obviously they have a better system than other teams, Giants included. The Giants won one more game than the Dodgers last year in the regular season. So no surprise losing to the Dodgers in the playoffs. How did the Dodgers do in the playoffs?

Managers today can only play the hand they are given. Name another manager that won 107.
Not many. As much as I dislike Kapler he has proven, given a good hand, he knows how to play it. He's not going anywhere.

Dek

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Winning 107 games is no fluke.
I'm a crappy shot but occasionally kill a limit of ducks in 10 shots or less. Fluke, total fluke. The record for me this year was I never watched an inning of Giants ball nor more than a few minutes on the radio. When I turned them on and had no idea if the names being announced were on the Giants or the opposing team, I knew they sucked. I'm very solid the demographic they need, but I'm sure are losing by the 1000's. If I want to root for a team that has no talent I'll go back to being an A's fan.

Ravenanme

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You don't build bankroll by losing games. Winning 107 games is no fluke.
I agree but the inventory of good pitchers and batters that could hit has been a problem , this year ! One or two Super-Stars doesn't make
a team but does give the spark this team needs , plus , added fan fare ! We're almost there is my thoughts !

Whatever

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Love listening to Krukow and Kuiper, but even they can't get me to watch the boring fest...a fluke? Yep.

CA Birdman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Since 2017 they have been bad, changed to Farhan after 2018 but Bochy stayed through 2019. Got old and after players developed, no real talented players moved up to the major league roster in any numbers with above average talent to create a winning roster. Go back to 10, 12 and 14. Core of pitchers and some position players came through the system and excelled - Madbum, Linecum, Cain, Posey, Pablo, Belt, Crawford and then added in the rest of talent through trades and free agents. Cupboard is bare right now.

DuckFan

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We can only believe this to be a conservative season building the teams bankroll so we can afford to sign some high-priced players like the Dodgers !
The Dodgers have shown they're better than the Giants but not as good as the Giants once were , with (3) Rings ! Maybe with some Luck this will be
their year but with a long ways to go , nothings for sure ! The market is looking better all the time , just maybe we can bring some home grown
talent back west ? Farhan is a wise negotiator , let's just see what's up his sleeve !
3 rings….cute. ;)

chubby

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm a crappy shot but occasionally kill a limit of ducks in 10 shots or less. Fluke, total fluke. The record for me this year was I never watched an inning of Giants ball nor more than a few minutes on the radio. When I turned them on and had no idea if the names being announced were on the Giants or the opposing team, I knew they sucked. I'm very solid the demographic they need, but I'm sure are losing by the 1000's. If I want to root for a team that has no talent I'll go back to being an A's fan.
You're right. You are a crappy shot. However when things come together even you can have a good day. Same with the Giants. Things came together for them last year. Can't change it.

Calikev

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You don't build bankroll by losing games. Winning 107 games is no fluke.
Having 3 losing seasons out of the last 4 isn't a fluke either. So it is pretty clear what type of team they are.

Hopefully there are some major changes before next season.

Latest posts