Quick question: stir fry timing?

Another Mike

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Short version: Forever now, I have been aging and grilling my birds, low heat and indirect with wood or coals to medium rare. I have that down blindfolded and know exactly when to pull them.

Recently attempted a basic cast iron skillet stir fry with some GWT and sprig fillets. They went to instant shoe leather as soon as they hit the skillet. (hot skillet)

So my questions are: for you guys that have the duck stir fry thing down, generally what time frames are you going with , 30 seconds, a minute...three, five? Hot skillet? Low and easy, or ?

I realize this ain't rocket science but I don't want to waste another batch of meat. Just curious what others are doing.

badhabit

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Med. High heat large Bodum wok. Follow a Kung Pao recipe. Add cubed duck to wok cook about 45 sec to 1min. Remove from wok. Do your other ingredients. Then at end add duck back in along with sauce cook until thickened about another min.

badhabit

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Another way we eat it. Spray breasts with garlic oil, liberally shake Montreal Seasoning both sides, pat it on the breasts. Get grill, BGE, BBQ or whatever you grill on up to 375 degrees. Let the grate heat up a bit. Place breasts on grill 4 to 5 minutes per side. Should come out rare to med rare. I have folks sneak it off the grill.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Another way we eat it. Spray breasts with garlic oil, liberally shake Montreal Seasoning both sides, pat it on the breasts. Get grill, BGE, BBQ or whatever you grill on up to 375 degrees. Let the grate heat up a bit. Place breasts on grill 4 to 5 minutes per side. Should come out rare to med rare. I have folks sneak it off the grill.
How do you stir-grill yours it sounds like you have to guard the grill with a gun.

badhabit

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
From start to finish. Big old Bodum Wok

Attachments

• 100_5616.JPG
    100_5616.JPG
    958.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_5621.JPG
    100_5621.JPG
    916.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_5622.JPG