Washington Flyway Forum Sponsors

Rasor Farm - Royal City - For Sale

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by NWh2ofowlr, Nov 6, 2018.

1. NWh2ofowlr

NWh2ofowlr Elite Refuge Member

I saw the Rasor Farm in Royal City is up for sale. 792 acres in Smyrna Valley. If you have ever had a chance to hunt this club or visit it is a good one. Lots and lots of birds. It backs up to Koetje's place if your familiar with that one. Probably some of the best hunting area in the state. Definitely worth checking out if you have some extra, extra deep pockets or hit a small lottery.

They had it posted on www,landandfarm.com or looking for hunting properties in Washington State.

2. Honkerclan08

Honkerclan08 Washington forum Moderator

I've never been there but have heard many stories of that place. It sounds pretty awesome. Didn't Koetje own it or still does?

3. fatlab

fatlab Elite Refuge Member

Gotta pay the subscription to view the listing apparently. I sent the info to the only people I know who could buy it...volunteered myself to run it lol

4. Capt. Cormorant

Capt. Cormorant Elite Refuge Member

5. Capt. Cormorant

Capt. Cormorant Elite Refuge Member

6. Honkerclan08

Honkerclan08 Washington forum Moderator

Wow. $8.9 million for 500 acres. That would have to be a lot of guided duck hunts to make up that kind of money. I imagine someone will buy it before long.

7. boodog

boodog Elite Refuge Member

Hunted the property a half dozen times when he was partners w/ Koetje-when Jay passed on his family took over his portion and hunt it w/ friends and family. My guess is it will be bought up by some big money and become a private club as I understand it is not really good farming property.

8. Green Duck Truck

Green Duck Truck Washington State Moderator Moderator

CurrencyTrader likes this.
  9. NWh2ofowlr

NWh2ofowlr Elite Refuge Member

They usually flood this place the first week of November and it pulls them birds out of the stratosphere. Crazy site to see. Not as good as hunting Black Dog, but a close second. Wife said no on this one, so someone should definitely jump on this.

10. Action

Action Elite Refuge Member

The properties I hunt with owners (not me) with deep pockets wouldn’t pay that price for 500 acres. Each one has a positive cash flow with a dedication to waterfowl hunting first and farming second.

Just another farmer with a recreational property that thinks some rich “Seattle” enthusiast will just plop down that kind of cash. Rich people don’t get rich by impulsive buys. They can shoot the best properties with guides every day of the season and write it off as a business expense. Close to 9M and not letting your money work for you? I’ll wait to hear who buys it.