Ready?

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Tuleman, Oct 10, 2019 at 7:39 AM.

1. KSU86

KSU86 Senior Refuge Member

Marshwalker... is that you taking good care of your rafting customers? (joking).

Marshwalker likes this.
  2. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

Nope. Studying for an exam. Ill hit the tree stand this weekend. Bet its a circus.

3. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

millet could use another 10 days, hoping it doesn't frost friday night.

Other than that, Barton County should have a slug fest, hope they don't shoot up the marsh master!!!!!

Mosquitoes are about to take a beating.

4. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

Campgrounds full 2 days early! All for brown ducks. Thanks to TJ for adding fuel to the fire

5. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

I'd say TJ's playing the long game and tricking everyone so he can have a good hunt at The Bottoms. Do the opposite! Or do nothing! But definitely do something!

Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019

T. J. reported Incoming: increasing numbers

Time: Not Provided
    Weather: Not Provided
    Temp: Not Provided
    Wind: Not Provided

Comments: Did a three marsh tour starting at Sunup on 10/10/19. KDWPT numbers are not even remotely accurate. Both Jamestown and McPherson had a very large push of migrators come in. Saw large numbers on game keeper, gun club, buffalo south/north, and big basin marshes. More birds were continually pouring in during my scout. I was at Jamestown when the wind switched and it was a sight to see. Bottoms number ARE EXTREMELY exaggerated, campsites are almost full two days in advance.

6. FriedPotatoes

FriedPotatoes Refuge Member

Either get out there in it or go home. My philosophy is if you’re not ready to blow a man’s head off for a duck spot then you’re not really ready to kill ducks.

7. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

Don’t forget your Sitka gear boys or you’re going to freeze on Saturday!!

8. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Senior Refuge Member

I thought that also, ill know for sure tomorrow morning as im scouting all day.
    Then again he might be headed to one of those places hoping everyone thinks its a trick haha

9. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

Hmmmm. I think you're correct. I figured TJ was just another internet idiot, but after re-reading his report.... it's definitely misdirection

10. gold10

gold10 Senior Refuge Member

That opening day public scene is just a disappointment waiting to happen for this fella. It’s happened way too many times where I’d get to a promising spot early only to have it spoiled by someone crowding in at 10 mins to shooting time. Most years it ended up being a teal/shoveler pass shoot which just doesn’t do it for me anymore. The conditions will have to be pretty special for me to try that again and this year is not it.

Ramblingman likes this.