Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Real Football Starts Today

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by bill cooksey, Sep 26, 2020.

1. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

Ol’ Pizz gets my vote for the ugliest uni’s in the history of football.

stevena198301 likes this.
  2. full choke

full choke Senior Refuge Member

University of Oregon: "Hold my beer..."

3. letmwurk

letmwurk Elite Refuge Member

Love to see my buddy Zach Arnett make the defending champs look silly. That defense is no joke and will make a lot of sec offenses look like they don’t know what they are doing. The sec hasn’t seen anything like it since The Godfather of that defense roamed the sidelines of Davis Wade stadium some 30 years ago.

The sec has, over the past two decades, relied upon four man fronts because most could get the types who could prosper in that alignment. Given that many sec assistants are former players from that league, they have carried on that type of system and thought because that is all that they know. To be frank, that has worked well because the vast majority of NFL DL Over the past two decades are from the south. Thus as a DC the easy route is to turn your stud DL one on one against the OL and have your back seven in coverage if not fitting gaps.

Therein lies the problem. The sec OL have never seen a Rocky Long-type of defense like the one Zach runs. Sec OL have never had to handle the multitude of simultaneous stunts and blitzes that come from a Rocky Long 335 defense. The OL has no idea where defenders are coming from. Given that LSU’s OL was inexperienced along with the defense Zach runs, it was a good bet that LSU would have trouble dealing with it. It will be interesting to see how the sec reacts to it the feast of the year.

4. Out of focus

Out of focus Elite Refuge Member

5. dwr353

dwr353 Senior Refuge Member

Bad start for LSU. 19 out of 22 starters from last years team gone. 30 players total gone. Three starters opting out due to Covid. Depleted team following possibly the greatest team ever. Lose DC and offensive coach who made things work last year. Recipe for the disaster we saw yesterday. Hats off to Miss St. Good win for them(was about due since they normally win once every ten years).

J.SCOTT and stevena198301 like this.
  6. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Hard to top the Mustard Buzzard unis. Ugliest thing I've seen in football is them combined with a stadium full of Southern Miss fans. :eek:

Sam Ortmann likes this.
  7. J.SCOTT

J.SCOTT Senior Refuge Member

Now we see why teams play openers with a patsy. OU, LSU, TX and Aub.,looked bad.
    Got to give Kirby Smart credit, solved his problem during the game.
    Bob Stoops and Kentucky, you can self sabotage better than anyone.

Pac 12 and Big 10, you are all followers. Glad you followed the example set for you by the ACC and SEC. Heck, Ark. St has bigger balls than y'all (southern) you guys (nothern) or you sissy boys (west coast).

8. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

9. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Most of the better SEC defenses in the last 15 years have been based on a 3 man front. Saban, Smart, Muschamp (great DC) Pruitt, Aranda and many others are considered gurus of a 3 man front base defense. LSU was a 3-4 under Aranda, and they recruited accordingly. They'll have some growing pains while switching to a 4 man front.

While the 3-3 is a bit different, no conference has more defenses with exotic blitz schemes than the SEC.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  10. Out of focus

Out of focus Elite Refuge Member