Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Real Geese Vs Big Als Silhouettes thoughts?

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Everydaylimits, Oct 9, 2020.

1. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

:l Years ago my buddy brought his Real Geese out and we hunted a sand bar. No problem getting them in. A cold front was coming and the temps dropped rapidly. He had to break nearly every stake that day to get his decoys out. :dv

2. Big AL1

Big AL1 Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

3. Big AL1

Not sure of any metal stake that springs right back to shape after severe force. Our stakes don't bend easily if that is what you you mean. Our stakes are thicker than other brands. We also offer samples on line that come with stakes. You can test all you want. You get two samples of your choice with stakes and shipping for $10.

4. Backwards bleed

Backwards bleed Senior Refuge Member

Are your stakes spring steel?
    Not arguing with you about the stakes you use, but I have had quite a few bend. The stakes on the china junk divebombs are tempered and thinner but dont seem to bend. I only have 5 dz of them compared to 15 dz big Al's. I still buy big al because I support made in America products. A tempered stake on the big Al's would be better for sure. I havent bought any silos for about 5 years so the stakes could be different on the big Al's now.

Big AL1 likes this.
  5. Holman_04

Holman_04 Senior Refuge Member

How can you tell if a box of silos has the updated paint or the old version?

6. Big AL1

Over one year now. If you have not opened the box for 1.5 years... ? But even prior to that they were fine. We just are making them even better, along with enhanced detail. Thx.