Recent trends of HUGE blind bags

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by MDcanvasback, Jan 30, 2019.

1. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Ultimate blind bag & decoy carrier...teenage sons. That way you simply sit in the blind, drink coffee and dictate policy.

2. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

That's what I was thinking. :l

3. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

brought tears to my eyes... so poetic

4. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Senior Refuge Member

Could someone explain to me this reference to a sled in my blind bag? I must not be hip or whatever because I have no idea what you are talking about. This was a discussion about people with big blind bags. My blind bag might not be big by your definition, but the one I have now is the biggest I have ever had.

I stated my reasoning behind the bag and what I kept in it. It is a lot of gear, but it is all my hunting gear other than shells and gun. I keep it all in one bag so I don't have to pack for each individual trip.

5. Vammy

Vammy Senior Refuge Member

I agree we've managed to hijack an otherwise great thread on blnd bags to smithereens.

However, this secondary topic is obviously of great importance; questions have been asked, answers have been provided by those with a wealth of knowledge, and stories have been told. It's what makes this forum great! :l :l :l

pud123, Billy Bob, JP and 1 other person like this.
  6. Swampfoot

Swampfoot Senior Refuge Member

Big blind bags are due to guys becoming more girly if you ask me. Am I the only one that sticks water bottles in the decoy bag a sandwich in my waders, sometimes. Not sure where you guys hunt but I'm usually walking a mile or 2 and don't want to tote a giant man purse. I would rather take more decoys than 3 face masks and 4 pairs of gloves. If u r in a boat good on you, but walk in I try to avoid any extra weight.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  7. hunting1

hunting1 Senior Refuge Member

Sometimes premium knowledge is found in obscure places..:amen

Vammy likes this.
  8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I tote both, in my decoy bag. A ruck, and dekes. That’s when I need dekes. Also prefer to walk out with my ducks hidden. Ruck does that well.

JP likes this.
  9. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Have we dealt with a burrito blow out, a normal easy slide or the python that requires a half dozen rest rings? Will wet wipes handle all of those situations? Corn cobs in a flooded corn field?

10. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

I walk in a mile or two pushing a super mag hauler with a jet sled, decoys, blind bag, waders, gun, layout blind, and dog blind and whatever else I take. Id rather be confortable when I get to where I am headed.