Recent trends of HUGE blind bags

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by MDcanvasback, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Plastic "ammo can" type box.

bullpinnie likes this.
  2. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I’m gonna get the Banded waterproof bag. I always thought that was a great idea. Pricey, but.....My buddy carries two when we hunt out of a blind- walk ins its a yuuuuge bag. Sometimes I will take a bucket! I can’t believe you all don’t take coffee, pizzinh brings in Waterfowl better than any calls! :l ;)

Billy Bob and Lexuss like this.
  3. RTIC

RTIC Senior Refuge Member

My blind bag consist of ammo, a couple lights, extra battery pack, remotes, gloves, hat, and a small first aid kit. Would i want to carry it in for a long walk absolutely not. A very small cooler for a few waters and snacks. Mainly hunt out of a boat so plenty of room for the bag and cooler.

4. Rudder

Rudder Senior Refuge Member

I mostly have one or two hour impoundment hunts these days. Shells in one coat pocket, calls and game strap in the other.

callinfowl likes this.
  5. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

Accuracy by volume
    #nocootslive

creedsduckman likes this.
  6. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

I haul a HUGE bag with me everywhere. Had a pretty big bag for years, so I don’t even notice anymore.

I set up well over the refuge line, I shoot ten minutes before LST every time. The birds come in on a string to the big pile of corn I put out. Or maybe it’s the shackled live ducks thrashing around, not sure.

I never shoot less than 3 birds over a limit, and most of those are usually hens. I get a lot of bonus birds by floating a 4th shell. Getting back to the ramp I cut in line and let my dog kill a couple smaller dogs in the parking lot while I warm up the truck. Then I drive right up to a warden game check, flip them the bird and tell them kiss my azz. They all say “dang, that ol boy gotta have a hell of a bag on him.” Then I put the pedal to the floor, twist the top off my 40, and head for home to bang my neighbors wife.

Idk about you guys but I have a hell of a time hunting with my big ol’ bag.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  7. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Senior Refuge Member

I guess I must be not in the majority here, I do have a large blind bag.

I hunt almost exclusively from boats of various sizes(including two canoes, one square stern and a conventional). In my bag I carry binoculars, gloves, spotlight, face masks, small Pelican box(for keys,cell phone, etc), call lanyard,snacks, toboggan, game strap, dog whistle, fire starter, compass, etc. I have 3 face masks, one light weight, one heavy ski-mask type and a half-mask(so I can wear a hat). I have 4 pairs of gloves, heavy weight for piloting the boat, light weight shooting gloves, one pair of neoprene shooting gloves(for the rain) and decoy gloves.

I hunt 3 to 4 days a week during the season. I might go out in my big boat, my small boat and a canoe all in the same week. I don't want to have to pack gear for every trip. I throw my gear bag in my truck and it stays there the entire season. Doesn't matter where I go or which boat I use, I have what I need for every contingency.

I never arrive at the hunting spot to realize I forgot something.

dog duck gun and RTIC like this.
  8. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

9. cjr

cjr Refuge Member

I use this little guy when I'm hunting out of my aquapod: https://rigemright.com/shop/quick-shot-blind-bag-max5.html

It is small and forces me to keep the packing list limited and is waterproof enough to keep my gear dry while sitting in the water that inevitably pools in the bottom of the pod.

10. Vammy

Vammy Senior Refuge Member

I've got 3 different blind bags depending on what I'm doing, but I've found less is more. I walk in 90% of the time; I'm already humping a backpack with decoys, so I've been carrying a fanny pack that holds a small thermos, empty pop bottle for an ashtray, one pocket has a Leatherman/knife/small screw driver/choke tubes/choke wrench, another has 2 facemasks and shooting gloves, the big pocket has a box of shells, headlamp, call laynard, dog whistle, couple Little Debbie snacks, that's about it.