Recipes for geese

Buckmark311

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hey i want a good goose recipie. does anybody have anything that will make a goose taste really good. lemme know.

tomturkey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Slice the breast in 1/4 inch strips. Marinate in your favorite BBQ sauce for 5 to 7 days in the fridge. Cook till done. Covers up the goose taste.

wildfowlhunting

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Here is an excellent receipe I used for goose breast that everyone loves including my non-hunting friends.

1. Soak the breast meat for at least 8 hrs changing the water frequently.

2. Cut the breast meat into strips ( like KFC chicken strips)

3. In a large plastic container place the goose strips, then cover with Grand Marnier and marmilade jam. Stir the contents until the strips are well covered. Marinate for 4-6hrs(the longer the better) stirring occasionally.

4. Cut 2 large bell peppers preferably one yellow and one green or red, into strips the same length as the goose breasts.

5. Cut up some long green onions enough for each strip of goose breast and cut to size.

6. Purchase some maple smoked bacon enough for each strip.

7. Remove the goose breast after marinating. Place the bacon strip widths way and place one goose strip, two slices of bell pepper and one piece of green onion all together at one end of the bacon.

8. Wrap it all up with the bacon and place a tooth pick or two to secure.

9. Place onto BBQ. at meduim heat and cook until done. Don't use to high of heat and watch for flare-ups. Don't over cook!

10. Enjoy in the company of family and friends!

Duxrule

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Doing this one today, and so far, can't be beat:

Cook breasts in slow cooker for 5 hours on high with just water.

Dump out water, pull meat apart and put back into slow cooker with 1 cup boullion of your choice, and one can of cream of ONION soup, set on low for another 5 hours or so. Serve on bread or bun of your choice!!!

Jon C

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Cut breast into srtips or chunks, put chunks in zip lock bag, Marinate over night in italian dressing. Cut up a jalepeano pepper place a slice of pepper on the strip wrapp in smoked bacon stick a tooth pick through it and grill

ICDUK

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Take wildfowlhunting's very tasty recipe and add long slices of portabella mushrooms. Just make sure they are not the magic shrooms, you will be dreamin of geese;)

B52-man

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I like to cook my geese whole.

Take 1 whole goose.
Soak the night before in water & salt to remove blood.
Put about 2 inchs of water in roaster.
Add 1 cup of brown sugar to water.
Fill goose with peeled & sliced cortland apples.
Put 4-5 slices of bacon across goose breast.
Cover a cook at 325 for 2 1/2-3 hours(I like mine med rare)

I use leftovers(if any;) ) for sandwich's.

billyrob

Refuge Member
Reaction score
grind 1 piece of bacon with 1/2 goose breast or leg and fry it up. you can substitute it for hamburger in anyting or just eat it. raw it is kind of soft looking but dont let that fool you it is good.

Fatweed

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
DU has lots of recipes...i tried the duck wrappers last week...they were good...and i dont like duck....LOL....some goose ones too...
Ducks Unlimited Recipes

Latest posts