Recipes for geese

bullpinnie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Make goose sausage (50:50 with pork). You won’t be sad :)

post up some recipes. I may have to get the stuffer out this weekend. ( but i'm out of wildfowl, except for a few cranes that I am saving for a wild game food once C19 passes). I've still got some deer and elk, though.

I typically only make Boudin, Andouille, or Hot Guts, but was thinking about Mexican Chorizo , or something spicy.

Flyfisher

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
post up some recipes. I may have to get the stuffer out this weekend. ( but i'm out of wildfowl, except for a few cranes that I am saving for a wild game food once C19 passes). I've still got some deer and elk, though.

I typically only make Boudin, Andouille, or Hot Guts, but was thinking about Mexican Chorizo , or something spicy.
We have a lot of Boudin at our place but its from Ronnies in LA, I always thought that would be great with specks....

Flyfisher

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I am having my recipe on the other page this weekend with blue cheese i will let you know how it goes... I am assuming its going to be specktacular.

Luigi Daniele

Turkey Hunters Forum
Reaction score
NorCal: specs,sprig,gobblers, blacktails.

bullpinnie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Ok
Okay LD. I made it with elk, and I modified the recipe ( Because I was missing a few ingredients, and because I can never leave well enough alone). I was out of Paprika ( Usually I have at least 2 or 3 kinds). I used red chili paste, and added a half an onion, and some ground cloves. I just went straight ( Extra Lean Elk, no pork). Turned out pretty good.
Elk Burger.jpg
Crorizo Spices.jpg
Chorizo Paste.jpg

Pics of the final product on the Big Game Forum:
https://www.refugeforums.com/threads/elk.1043660/page-5#post-11381779

Backwards bleed

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
It's no secret. I usually just eyeball it, or use the lid off of the spice jars to measure:

1 part Granulated Garlic
1 part Onion Powder
1(+) part Cayenne
1 part Ground Black Pepper
1(-) Part White Pepper
1 part Dried Oregano leaves
1 part Dried Thyme leaves
1 part Salt
3 Parts Paprika ( i use a combination of sweet, smoked, hot, but use whichever you have on-hand).

Increase the salt by 1/2 part for fish seasoning.
This is awesome by the way!

bullpinnie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

ISAF2008

Reaction score
14B2AE71-4E8B-44B4-8C26-57FFE011AB4B.jpeg
Brine in saltwater, add 1 cup apple cider vinegar per half gallon of brine, apple cider for a total of one gallon of brine along with a few sliced apples. Brine overnight place birds in a turkey pan in smoker at 180 degrees for 8 hours or until desired internal temp is reached. Rotate birds every hour cover burnt bits in foil. Cut up small and magnet meat to remove any shot. Use drippings for mashed potatoes.
9906DD7A-ECAA-478E-8E86-C1B17F414150.jpeg

Latest posts