Reducing Bag Limits?

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Tuleman, Nov 15, 2021.

Would you be willing to consider Kansas adopting:

1. Reduced state-wide daily bag limits to 3 ducks/Canada geese

84.6%
  2. Reduced state-wide daily bag limits on only mallards to 3/day

15.4%
  3. Reduced daily bag limits to 3 ducks/Canada geese on State & Federally controlled areas only.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Reduced daily bag limits to 3 mallards/day on State & Federally-controlled areas.

11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Elite Refuge Member

We have that here in Ohio. The states passes out tons of pre-made permission slips with the law printed right on the slip. Some people won't sign unless you use the DNR form.

2. Old Critter

Old Critter Refuge Member

While you’re worrying about outfitters’ insurance, what about your own? An accident could happen in your blind just as easily as in an outfitter’s.

Do you have general liability and casualty coverage? How about an excess liability rider or umbrella? Your little renter or homeowner policy could be woefully insufficient.

Maybe start by examining your own exposure and coverage limits before worrying about landowners and outfitters who aren’t your concern. Just saying …

3. Renobber

Renobber Senior Refuge Member

Literally no point in reducing the bag limits. These suckers aren't getting pressured, Heck they don't have a reason to be here. 40s and 50s in ND all next week. #bringbackallofjanuary #tulemansphilosophiessuck

Don white likes this.
  4. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

It's not my philosophy; I didn't originate it.
    I simply promote it as being the easiest, most effective, most equitable way to reduce pressure on Kansas wetlands.
    Guys like you think it sucks because they don't want equality; they want the "other guy" to take 100% of the hit.
    Do you have a better method? If so, I'd like to hear it. Maybe you can convince me to switch camps.

MallardND likes this.
  5. CJT

CJT Senior Refuge Member

Who doesn’t have a reason to be here?

6. Renobber

Ya get out of CB

7. Renobber

The Ducks CJ. They stacked up above us like cord wood.

8. wtrfwlr43

wtrfwlr43 Elite Refuge Member

But it must be your personal Philosphy if you are promoting it :scratch. Reducing bag limits is your poll isn't it?

Renobber likes this.
  9. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

You have a point.
    It's "my" philosophy in that I subscribe to it.
    It's not "mine" in that I'm not the originator, nor I don't own it, e.g. I am not the exclusive subscriber.
    (right now 28 of those who read this thread also subscribe)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021 at 8:02 AM
  10. CJT

CJT Senior Refuge Member

I’m not sure that you have the level of support for this as you think you do. As stated before, the poll gives no other options. Of the 28 who responded, it’s likely many just “answered” your question and chose the option they would prefer of the options provided. A better method to measure this might be a simple question thread and solicit response. Simply put, do you support a reduction in bag limit in an attempt to reduce hunting pressure? And then count yes and no responses. That’s the first step Tule. This poll promotes bias and confounds your results by not providing all options to those polled.

Renobber likes this.